So, it seems every single server i go on, is just full of players wanting to shoot first and not ask questions later. After being ganked a few times for my makarov and 1 mag or bullets + can of beans, ive come to the conclusion that shooting anyone that comes near me is the best bet.

Cant count the number of times ive now had to kill people in pre meditated self defence.

Makes me laugh when people run up to with a horde of zombies chasing them and ask you to save them, do they really think i appreciate getting aggrod by 20 zombags just because of their fail.

I invariably shoot this guy dead with my ak47 and let the zombies chew on his body.

It's very cut throat that the best part too me about it. I like to stay around the coast.

Only shot two people so far. One that was leading the Zed train and one in the old bandit skin that spawned right in front of me with some good looking gear.

Other than that I have been kill a few time here and there by players and have talk to some here and there. but I generally stay off the coast

In my many hours of play (not sure how many as steam isn't tracking beta) I have only killed a handful of people, and my last two characters (with ~5 days survival between them) have zero murders and zero bandit kills.

I'm friendly, I'm also usually out of sight.

I just avoid players. I'd rather avoid the inevitable fights with them. I'd prefer cooperation and trading with people, but it just doesn't happen.