Sign in to follow this  
Chuckleman

A Journal of Some Sort

Whenever I come across a dead body, sometimes I wonder to myself what that player's story may have been. Yes you may be able to get the players name and the cause of death, (rarely) but that doesn't really show me what the player had accomplished in his lifespan. What I'm suggesting is having a player spawn in with an interactive journal with the main focus of recording one's accomplishments or creating a backstory. From the way I see, this will be able to add greatly to the mod's atmosphere and may add players silently mourning the death of their fellow survivor.

+1

I love the idea of knowing what a certain person wich i found has gone trough before his life ended. But in order for everyone to be able to read it, maybe the diary couldn't be picked up, it would give you the option to take the diary's information wich you can later acess in some kind of "notes" option.

That way, everyone that comes across the body will be able to read it.

1+

But shouldn't you have posted this in the suggestion section? :p

Woops, my bad. Could a mod please move this please? :D

I'd like to refer you to the "search" functions that the webmaster has so graciously added into the forums. Some of us use this tool to see if a topic is already being discussed.

I took the time to simply search "Player Journal". I was given a page of different threads. After browsing through some of them for no longer than a minute, I found this one:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4090&highlight=Journal

In closing, I hope you found this tutorial educational. If you have any questions or are in need of further assistance, please feel free to send me a private message. I will reply to your inquiry promptly. Have a nice day.