Sign in to follow this  
tzimaks

Dayz steam or dayz commander

Can i run the dayz mod on steam instead of dayz commander? or not?

Yes.  However I recommend using DayZ commander to install everything.  I just use DayZ on steam to play.  Commander is very useful though since you can download other dayz maps, mods, update your beta patch, etc.

Yes.  However I recommend using DayZ commander to install everything.  I just use DayZ on steam to play.  Commander is very useful though since you can download other dayz maps, mods, update your beta patch, etc.

when i open dayz commander it cannot find my arma 2 game, when i [press install to install the arma 2 OA beta something at the process of that it tells me wrong cd key or something, it closes and then it says arma 2 up to date... is it okay ? and also shall i install dayz mod from commander or from steam?

Have you tried running steam as administrator, then running both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA?

Steam as admin? Often when I launch from commander steam will open as well and I have to close it???

Think you have to run Arma2 and OA from Steam first, to "register" them. That's what I did.

As was said, Commander is best for keeping mods updated.

when i open dayz commander it cannot find my arma 2 game, when i [press install to install the arma 2 OA beta something at the process of that it tells me wrong cd key or something, it closes and then it says arma 2 up to date... is it okay ? and also shall i install dayz mod from commander or from steam?

I'm in work so I cannot look at DayZ Comm atm, but there is an area in intall/updates or perhaps settings that says "run through steam" and you can check areas that show the pathway to your steam game. If the message is "ACR wrong CD key" or somethingof that nature, do a quick google search for it. I feel like I saw mixed results for that problem (but it wasn't a game breaking issue). It may have been something to do with running as administrator so the key can copy correctly into the registry? But don't quote me on that. :P

Steam as admin? Often when I launch from commander steam will open as well and I have to close it???

Yes, if you purchased the game through Steam, steam itself has to be running in order to launch the game from DayZ Comm. Make sure to right click and select "properties" for the Steam icon then check "run as Administrator." Then you can just click on your Steam link and it will always run as admin. <- This may require you to initially close out steam then do the mentioned steps and relaunch.

Edited by J. Prime
  • Like 1

Thanks, that did it.

Now...It rarely happens unless my ping is up around 270+ but Arma launches Op Arrowhead army of the Czech republic, which I also must close out of. Any thoughts there?

First of all, I haven't downloaded any mods so thank you...now I know what ACR is lol (Just started playing again after some time). Now to answer, is ACR an actual expansion? If so, when you are not playing that can you launch ARMA 2 and look under the menu and disable that add-on...if in fact is is one?

Edit: That is the first thing that popped into my head. Perhaps someone with some ongoing experience can chirp in. Otherwise I will try to find out tonight when i get out of work. :)

Edited by J. Prime
  • Like 1