Sign in to follow this  
Spartan36

DayZ Staff are overlooking administrative abuse...

So I've been looking through some forums in this topic thread lately, and I've notice some things that I'm not liking. Forum moderators are either ignoring, or not wanting to deal with admin abuse.

Here is some proof that an obvious case of admin abuse is being sidestepped. The moderator is just not wanting to believe it, even with screenshots. I mean the guy is turning on his own CLAN MATES to report this. Notice how the thread is closed too.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11288&page=7&highlight=Dallas+1

This sort of admin abuse is, in my opinion, an extreme exploit. They have the option to roll back their servers, to gain the stuff back that they lost when someone found their camp, or when they die, when the rest of us have to just deal with it? To me that is not fair at all. Even if they do own a server, they should be playing by the same rules as the rest of us.

If exploiting is bannable for everyone else, why not them?

They're breaking rules for hosting servers, that were set by Rocket, and yet nothing is being done. Apparently, from the thread linked above... Banning someone who steals your loot, is fine and dandy. Any explanations?

Completely agree with and support everything you said. Would like to hear what Rocket or one of the Developers (Pink names) have to say on the matter as it seems quite clear at this point that the Moderators (Blue names) powers are limited to the forums and do not extend to dealing with dishonest server hosts.

Frankly though I think they have their hands full with fixing/updating the mod and dealing with hackers, as a result the "bad" hosts are getting a free pass, maybe when things settle down with the mod they can give someone the job of policing the servers.

You realize in-game and forums are separate entities? Moderators have no control over players in game.

You realize in-game and forums are separate entities? Moderators have no control over players in game.

The forum is a place for discussing/reporting/addressing in game issues, problems and events, that's exactly what the OP is doing, raising an issue, where else do you think he should fucking raise it genius?

Furthermore, these being the official forums for the mod, the only people capable of addressing his (OP) concerns, the development team, are here on a daily basis looking into problems and gathering feedback.

I doubt think he expects the moderator to directly intervene and lock-down rogue servers but they are perfectly capable of forwarding their concerns (should they have any) to either the Dev team or the server host in order to have the matter resolved.

What he is saying (from what it seems) is that they are clearly failing to deal with these issues, either doing a poor job of it or ignoring it completely.

As Griff states above.

Now let me just correct some of your factual errors, Server Admins can not;

Relive themselves

Recover lost gear after dying from being shot

Recover lost gear after someone found their camp

Fly

Become UbEr L33t W0rr10r5

They are not given a free pass, I recently jumped on two accusations of admin abuse which didn't have any evidence.

In the case you cite, there are some questions, why would wutno sell out his clan etc? But plausible cause for questioning does not give me proof.

What I need to actually be able to make a reasonable and sound judgement is evidence, which was not provided. Now to then post criticism about forum mods for closing a thread which was just really tit for tat and wasn't going any where constructive, isn't helpful.

So when someone brings a case with reasonable evidence I will take action and things will not be fine and dandy

Firstly, abusing a forum admin, not the smartest move, I have given you a warning.

Secondly, we have a whole sub-forum dedicated to reporting cheaters.

Congratulations to Yammazul for not only whining like a crying baby, but actually getting a warning for it!

Firstly' date=' abusing a forum admin, not the smartest move, I have given you a warning.

[/quote']

Firstly, how on earth is telling you bluntly that you missed the point entirely considered abuse? There are overwhelming cases of abuse on these forums, yet there are rarely addressed by you or your associates. Clearly thats a different matter should you feel you are affected personally however. I consider that an abuse of power.

Secondly, scroll to the top of the screen, are you seeing the same pathway as me?

"DayZ Mod Forum / Servers / Cheat Reporting / Moderators are overlooking administrative abuse... /"

Unless I am mistaken this is in the "Cheat Reporting" forum.

Well done Griff.

Congratulations to Yammazul for not only whining like a crying baby' date=' but actually getting a warning for it!

[/quote']

Agreeing with a well constructed and thoughtful post makes me a crybaby? Are you trying to score points with the Dev or Mod that recently posted here?

Well done.

No brah, I'm trying to type coherently while laughing my ass off at your pathetic whining. Its difficult.

As Griff states above.

Now let me just correct some of your factual errors' date=' Server Admins can not;

Relive themselves

Recover lost gear after dying from being shot

Recover lost gear after someone found their camp

Fly

Become UbEr L33t W0rr10r5

They are not given a free pass, I recently jumped on two accusations of admin abuse which didn't have any evidence.

In the case you cite, there are some questions, why would wutno sell out his clan etc? But plausible cause for questioning does not give me proof.

What I need to actually be able to make a reasonable and sound judgement is evidence, which was not provided. Now to then post criticism about forum mods for closing a thread which was just really tit for tat and wasn't going any where constructive, isn't helpful.

So when someone brings a case with reasonable evidence I will take action and things will not be fine and dandy

[/quote']

Thanks for the fast and thoughful reply, this is how its done Griff.

Firstly' date=' abusing a forum admin, not the smartest move, I have given you a warning.

[/quote']

Firstly, how on earth is telling you bluntly that you missed the point entirely considered abuse? There are overwhelming cases of abuse on these forums, yet there are rarely addressed by you or your associates. Clearly thats a different matter should you feel you are affected personally however. I consider that an abuse of power.

Secondly, scroll to the top of the screen, are you seeing the same pathway as me?

"DayZ Mod Forum / Servers / Cheat Reporting / Moderators are overlooking administrative abuse... /"

Well done Griff.

Congratulations to Yammazul for not only whining like a crying baby' date=' but actually getting a warning for it!

[/quote']

Agreeing with a well constructed and thoughtful post makes me a crybaby? Are you trying to score points with the Dev or Mod that recently posted here?

Well done.

Fun stuff! Give this guy MOAR ROPE!

[/quote']

Well done Griff.

[/quote']

Well done.

Fun stuff! Give this guy MOAR ROPE!

Really? Your not allowed to call into question the actions of people in power if you disagree with their actions? Are we living in Communist China or what?

P.S Also 40% seems reasonable for a first "offense".

More on topic,

I would pray that the admins are more concerned with more concrete issues like people bypassing script detection. You're probably more likely to lose your crap to them more than you are some flying, missile shooting, orbital striking server admin ...

It seems like a reasonable course of action to just avoid the servers you don't like and play on the ones you do. If admin abuse is so rampant, I'm sure it will all work out in the wash. Let's prioritize our time a bit more and focus on testing.

You received an amicable reply. When you sarcastically call the guy who can warn you "genius" sarcastically, get ready to get your knuckles slapped.

You are apparently in kindergarten and need a little disciplining, whether this is China or not.

More on topic' date='

I would pray that the admins are more concerned with more concrete issues like people bypassing script detection. You're probably more likely to lose your crap to them more than you are some flying, missile shooting, orbital striking server admin ...

It seems like a reasonable course of action to just avoid the servers you don't like and play on the ones you do. If admin abuse is so rampant, I'm sure it will all work out in the wash. Let's prioritize our time a bit more and focus on testing.

[/quote']

Yeah I agree with that tbh, but I can sympathise with the OP to an extend, it can become somewhat demoralising when you encounter issues like this on more than one server and equally frustrating if you feel its not being dealt with or they're getting away with it.

More on topic' date='

[/quote']

Yeah I agree with that tbh, but I can sympathise with the OP to an extend, it can become somewhat demoralising when you encounter issues like this on more than one server.

'Mate', you're somewhat fucking demoralising.

You are apparently in kindergarten and need a little disciplining' date=' whether this is China or not.

[/quote']

Don't mind that guy Disgraced,

He's a ginger. Also, a terrible poster.

I was beaten to giving you a warning by Griff if it helps my reasoning was going to be was that Griff is actually a Genius.

Giving stick to Mods and such saying they are doing a poor job isn't really going to get them to help you?

Maybe if you had posted something along the lines of;

Guys just wondering what are the priorities of the DayZ in regards to catching abusing admins and such? I understand your all rather busy but there must be at least one or two that are geniunely abusing their privilages.

I love the Mod and I want you matt to date my extremely hot 19 year old sister.

That would have gone down better than saying Mods are doing a piss poor job.

You would have gotten a similar response of "We will always act on it but give us solid evidence" but it would have been nicer.

I was beaten to giving you a warning by Griff if it helps my reasoning was going to be was that Griff is actually a Genius.

Giving stick to Mods and such saying they are doing a poor job isn't really going to get them to help you?

Maybe if you had posted something along the lines of;

Guys just wondering what are the priorities of the DayZ in regards to catching abusing admins and such? I understand your all rather busy but there must be at least one or two that are geniunely abusing their privilages.

I love the Mod and I want you matt to date my extremely hot 19 year old sister.

That would have gone down better than saying Mods are doing a piss poor job.

You would have gotten a similar response of "We will always act on it but give us solid evidence" but it would have been nicer.

SKOOLED

If it is any consolation Matt, I don't have a sister.

Slick my brother's hair back and bend him over though ... I'm sure you won't notice =P

He looks good in drag as well. Free hint to break the ice with him.

Nice Reign19k sounds good.

What I really don't get is why everyone is so nasty, I know we have the stand back approach to moderating but its just encouraging trolls and angry people to just hate on everyone.

You received an amicable reply. When you sarcastically call the guy who can warn you "genius" sarcastically' date=' get ready to get your knuckles slapped.

You are apparently in kindergarten and need a little disciplining, whether this is China or not.

[/quote']

I can certainly agree that sarcasm breeds sarcasm. Im sure there was no sarcasm intended when Griff asked the OP:

"You realize in-game and forums are separate entities?"

No that doesn't sound sarcastic at all! I'm sure he genuinely felt it necessary to inform him that the the Arma 2 mod, Day Z and the forums he is currently posting on are two different and separate things! But hey its cool for him to be sarcastic because his name is is green and he has special powers! If he should get an equally sarcastic rebuttal however, 40% warning. because hey, I'm just a member after all, my names in red.

Well the number one theme on the web seems to be 'if you dont think like me, you're wrong' - add that into a form of communication that isn't heavily censored (which i like) and you wind up with this.

People like Yamm provoke trolled responses from us because they're accusing and talking rubbish. We know we can't win an argument on the internet, (because its an arguement... on the internet...) so begins the trolling.