Ingway

Throwable empty cans?

I've been thinking for some time right now, what if we could take the empty tin cans wich are so common around and use then for throwing? The idea is to use the sound they produce upon hitting the ground to lure zombies towards it, many movies and even other game used this idea, get an object and throw it to get attention away from you.

Not sure if this idea was alredy suggested, but felt like commenting.

would have helped me lot of times.

often thought why cant i trow them.

would also help the new survivors with no gear but the Z sensitivity gets fixed anyway.

but would be nice.

This actually already works like that. Pickup cans/bottles and I think default is "F" to cycle weapons. Will say 'Throw' if there is something in your inventory.

_Seems_ to get their attention faster then flares...but not totally sure.

you can throw them, and they do distract zombies. i've used this multiple times since they've gotten rid of starting weapons to keep me alive and allow me to get loot.

You can already throw tin cans and they already attract attention of zeds.

/thread

In agreement with the previous posts, you CAN pick up cans, you CAN throw them, and from what I've heard, they DO attract the zombies. I heard you have to have it land like 30m near the zed, and the throw mechanic in the game is not that great so it's kind hard to land it right, hence why it's never worked for me.

Oh i see o.O, well i feel extremely dumb now... ignore this tread.

umm u can throw them - empty whiskey bottles too. I once threw them at zeds when i was out of ammo and it saved my life.

you can even throw them at each other and put them into shock or to simply lure a zed away.

No, we will keep bumping it to order to rub it in.

STICKY. STICKY THIS THREAD.

Hint: Search link at top of forums.

Like... seriously... no. Just, no.

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png?1318394475

All tin cans/whiskey bottles can be thrown. Tin cans will distract zombies, kill zombies in 4 hits, and blind players (players will also look up and down really fast for a while, when hit with a can).

I've also heard they can be used to break the hospital windows instead of wasting rounds but haven't confirmed this on my own.

Ignore the flamers. You are new and asked a legit question.

I've also heard they can be used to break the hospital windows instead of wasting rounds but haven't confirmed this on my own.

lol there was no flame at all, in fact, most people answered in a respectful manner. but... if tin cans can break hospital windows that would make then even more valuable.

Yes, tins can break hospital glass without any noise to nearby zeds. Tested by myself. :)

Yes' date=' tins can break hospital glass without any noise to nearby zeds. Tested by myself. :)

[/quote']

Learning something new everyday...