broken.fix it

A move in the wrong direction on your part

Hello.

So I just switched from a cracked version to a newly purchased ArmA 2:OA to fully enjoy this great mod. Unfortunately, all I see is how incredibly horrible, unfair and boring it has become.

First of all, if you are a new player and have no friends playing this mod, you shouldn't even bother. You start off as weak as a newborn baby and don't even have an ability to address every player on the server seeking assistance.

Next, you quickly find yourself finding an unbelievable amount of parts for vehicles you've never encountered and tons of ammo for weapons you don't have.

In fact getting a gun is nearly impossible right now. When I first picked up the newest (1.7.1.4 I believe) version of this mod I started playing very carefully, trying to be as aware of the surroundings as possible. The sad truth is - the mod is not polished enough to be as unforgiving as it is to the beginner. The character tends to stand up at random in certain cases (like crawling on slopes or over obstacles) and there is no way right now to enter a building without exposing yourself at least briefly, which is enough to mess up entirely. More than that, at times enemies become aggressive for no apparent reason when you are proned at a moderate distance from them. And since you don't have a gun, all you can do is run, which doesn't help considering enemies have the same running speed as you do and running attracts more. So in such cases you either have to accept your death or disconnect. Previously Makarov was there to compensate for such cases: you still don't run into villages like a mad man shooting everything that moves, but it was at least enough to escape when the situation gets out of control. Just out of curiosity I tried running around major cities checking every place that is likely to contain a weapon for half an hour and still found nothing. Maybe they've been looted, but that still doesn't change the fact that unless you have some sort of way to defend yourself, you are constantly swinging between being dead and being as good as dead.

In any case, it is now impossible to start off playing this mod right now for a completely new player. Going for realism in video games is the worst possible decision in most of the cases. Yes, maybe in DayZ scenario I would spend three hours crawling around in the dirt for a can of Pepsi. And maybe survival rates would be around one to ten thousand. All I know is that it was more fun to play before than it is now. I hope my opinion will be treated as constructive criticism rather than baseless complaint. I wish this project all the best and am excited to see where it is headed.

ITT; I don't like challenges , make the game easier.

I might have given some advice

but you steal from good people

so learn to play

harden the fuck up

and cry more nub

User Banned:

- Use of illegal software is not permitted, supported or accepted.

There are demos available of both ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead which users can download and play for free before making the decision to buy either game. There is also plenty of comprehensive material regarding DayZ that provides detailed insight into the mod.

This thread will be left open ONLY to discuss the original points raised by the OP.

Mag.

Thank you for your comments, which have been posted in many other posts. You are going to get trolls and people telling you to QQ on this forum which is by now to be expected.

However let me offer you my experience last night: I spawned in Prigdoroki on the coast, and completely defenseless made my way to a barn (great starting place to look for guns) yes it took me almost 15 minutes to make it 700 meters. But the payoff was immense, a Lee Enfield, 5 magazines, food, drink, luck does have a great deal to play in this game sometimes you can go an hour or two without seeing a primary weapon. I didn't aggro a single zombie however.

Look for a Hatchet, after using it i can say that it is the best thing added to this mod lately, its silent and effective, I killed about 30 zombies singlehandedly and looted many buildings because of that red headed beauty.

Point is: enjoy the game for its challenge, not neccesarily for the point of getting high powered gear, you already know that the mod makers are balancing the zombie ai (which will when tuned get rid of almost all of your issues).

The original points are stupid.

I found it easier to get rid of LoS zombies than before.

Leo235

he has a point even me with a m249, coyote bag, and a squad cant enter a town without pulling zombies multiple times through stupid ass objects. if there gonna implement this line of sight feature make sure it works. i still pull zombies through walls, zombies still attack me through walls, and now they just aggro from further distances

First of all, i like challenges and i can understand the player who wrote this topic.

I am a person that really like special gamea and not CoD bullshit, talking from really unknown games that need a lot of time to learn, and without the best graphic

As i saw the first lets play of DayZ, i have already known that this modification is awesome and i have to play it. Since i played some hours with version 1.6 i really loved the gameplay and how to react in such a world with other people. Even if most people just began to shoot if they see another one, because they dont understand that you may get better stuff if u work in a team. Flamer like the ppl that postet answers like "i just shoot this noobs down", dont understand the game really. I was really looking forward to patch 1.7 because the lack of weapons should ppl force to work together and meelee weapons can be found to attack you at the beginning. That is not the problem about Patch 1.7, the problem is that Zombies are bugged so that they can see you trough walls now, which makes it without weapon nearly impossible to investigate a town. The problem is that even if u crouch and really take care of not being seen the zombies just see trough everything and u cant survive very long, even if u try to hide, what is possible the zombies just see you most of the time again trough walls. Another point i dont like is that every person i met that had a weapon just shot me cause they exactly know u dont have any kind of defence to protect yourself, most of them wastest some ammo because they killed me but thats not the point the point is that it is very frustrating for newbies to get shot by ppl that have a weapon yet or seen by zombies that normally cant see you, especially if u enter a building(!). I got to know that the developer try to fix that and i hope this is true. The flamer here that complain about newbies just cant feel how it is to restart, cause they already have a weapon and its easier for them cause no newbie can kill them now. But as i assume u think you guys are really good in shooting newbies, i dont assume u would try and restart a new game ? Anyone who complains about the newbies just dont tell newbies to try this challenge, but try to respawn without any of your luxury loot that u got before this patch was released, and post your experience below. Cause i hate such ppl that mean other players are so bad, just cause they have alreasy an advantage. And i bet noone of this flamers will respawn.

So finally my best strategy to survive is just to run around and try to get at least a crowbate and a hatchet so that i can kill the zombies that follow me in a building and get some loot. But still this is not how the game should work and i does not make fun to play this game.

Sorry for my bad english.

Sincerely Strater