Broskiy

IDEA: How to fix PVP and improve teamwork.

Hello.

I have an idea how we may fix most of the pvp problems and make it more of a coop game instead.

It's simple.

split bandits to the other team like green (Independent) meanwhile normal players can choose blue team.

each team will have a different skin and every time you connect you will be able to choose bandits or survivors.

IF a fellow survivor or bandit shoot their teammates he will get 3 chances to stop or he will get instant game over and have to start a new character.

with teams sorted people will be able to coop properly and survive together meanwhile still able to kill players from other team.

Nice idea to stop it, but that would RUIN the atmosphere and turn it into a TD like never before. I like Dayz for the fact i dont know who to trust so i dont team up.

Nice idea to stop it' date=' but that would RUIN the atmosphere and turn it into a TD like never before. I like Dayz for the fact i dont know who to trust so i dont team up.

[/quote']

yeah well it may end up TD but right now it's FFA so I think it won't really change the killing only sort people so they can indentify fellow teammates.

Its only a FFA because you lot the community are treating it like such. it wasn't a FFA before, and the only thing thats changed in the player base..

2+2=4.

yeah well it may end up TD but right now it's FFA so I think it won't really change the killing only sort people so they can indentify fellow teammates.

The thing is' date=' its not a FFA, its survival. i team up with people becuase i need there help, or i dont want to kill them. i kill people because i need supplies. Pushing it towards a TD instead of survival i believe would ruin this mod because the mod does what most games dont.

[hr']

you are an idiot

please die

in a cancer fire

I strongely disagree with him, but least i reason unlike the idiot you are dear sir.

Its only a FFA because you lot the community are treating it like such. it wasn't a FFA before' date=' and the only thing thats changed in the player base..

2+2=4.

[/quote']

I personally never shoot anybody and do the safety dance but all I get is their safety dance back and then a bullet in my head.

it's not rewarding for friendly players just to get killed in cold blood when their intentions are to help and coop.

it's not rewarding for friendly players just to get killed in cold blood when their intentions are to help and coop.

Trust less, use your own judgement.

Its only a FFA because you lot the community are treating it like such. it wasn't a FFA before' date=' and the only thing thats changed in the player base..

2+2=4.

[/quote']

I personally never shoot anybody and do the safety dance but all I get is their safety dance back and then a bullet in my head.

Mate you just agreed with me.

Who just killed you in that situation? Another member of the community.

i'd rather this game not be turned into another FPS with team sides and lame shit like that. i like the risk involved in meeting a random. you might be killed or you might make a new friend, it really immerses me into the game's reality. maybe if it takes off and becomes it's own, standalone game they could add different gamemodes like that

you are an idiot

please die

in a cancer fire

EXHIBIT A.

See what i mean? Bunch of dicks.

[/quote']

Pretty much this.

When this mod was played by only regular Arma folk I was never shot at on sight

[/quote']

Pretty much this.

War never changes.

[/quote']

Pretty much this.

And Arma also wasn't the top selling game on Steam.

This was always going to turn into an FFA even if Rocket had limited testing strictly to Arma vets. Eventually you guys would've gotten bored working in 10 man teams easily clearing out towns, a few of you would become bandits, the rest would start crying they lost their great loot to a random bandit so they can't trust anyone, and you'd be right where we are today.

you won't lose your freedom at all if rocket split teams because every time you login you will be able to choose the side and it could be also more exiting if both teams had some advanteges and disadvantages like that people would switch teams more often keeping everything balanced.

it's not hard at all and will solve the problem by itself.

Bad idea. This is not a team game. It is not. At all. Its about a bunch of people surviving. Its an open world, with people doing whatever they want. Not two teams fighting it out with zombies nearby.

Bad idea. This is not a team game. It is not. At all. Its about a bunch of people surviving. Its an open world' date=' with people doing whatever they want. Not two teams fighting it out with zombies nearby.

[/quote']

ok then let's just shoot everybody on sight and call it FFA with zombies "nearby"

where is the difference?

Oh ffs, you people really don't get it?

[/quote']

Pretty much this.

And Arma also wasn't the top selling game on Steam.

This was always going to turn into an FFA even if Rocket had limited testing strictly to Arma vets. Eventually you guys would've gotten bored working in 10 man teams easily clearing out towns, a few of you would become bandits, the rest would start crying they lost their great loot to a random bandit so they can't trust anyone, and you'd be right where we are today.

Totally agree. The majority of the gaming community want to PWN each other. Lack of imagination backed with no content but looking for more guns.

I should add I have no problem with the FFA aspect of Day Z. I'm hoping Rocket comes up with some ideas to encourage teamwork but for me a lot of the magic from this mod comes in not knowing the intentions of the other 49 people on your server. I've been murdered quite a few times but I've also had some great moments of teamwork.

Also, I've only murdered one person, regretted it the moment it happened, and vowed I'd never shoot first again. Based on my 76 hours of play (according to Steam) I just haven't found the bandits to be the problem they are made out to be on the forums.