MasterShak3

Why does everyone complain about night time?

Absolutely loved night-time since the very first time I played it.  I hopped off servers when it turned night for the first few times I played just because I had no idea wtf I was doing and was scared shitless.  But once I got up the stones to give night-time a try I felt like there was no going back. 

Full moon nights are okay, I don't mind one way or the other really.  I just wish it wasn't automatically a full moon night every single night. I like variation.

Recently I have started throwing chemlights and flares all over the place after looting an area just to give other players something to be nervous about :)

My only gripe with nighttime, and I really do mean only, is that you have to drop or store your secondary weapon to equip the flashlight...  If that could be fixed nighttime would be perfect imo.

EDIT: Gotta love Master Shake :) probably my favorite character of all time.

Edited by TheLastEmp
  • Like 1

My only gripe with nighttime, and I really do mean only, is that you have to drop or store your secondary weapon to equip the flashlight...  If that could be fixed nighttime would be perfect imo.

I can see, how you'll worship your firs NVGs^^.

Night time is where real men and women hone their skills.

• Like 2

All night all the time if I could. It's the only thing that takes this game away from it's FPS with Zombie NPC annoyances that it has evolved into. The modded versions have added to this even more, by making the game so PVP focused. If there aren't serious benefits in the standalone that curb KOS, I don't think DayZ will live long. 

Edited by lobo

I can see, how you'll worship your firs NVGs^^.

Meh, once I'm even slightly geared I don't mind the whole "ditch secondary weapon to equip flashlight" thing because I'm comfortable enough with a primary weapon/hatchet and no secondary.  I've found plenty of NVG's, it's just as a fresh spawn where I get frustrated at needing to drop my only weapon so that I can see...

I enjoy both Day and Night time in Day Z. What frustrates me is when I join a server that's night according to Dayz Commander and it's full daylight.

• Like 1

I hope you realise this sentence completely contradicts itself.

No it doesn't. I'm insulting them for being cowardly and for being stupid.

I think his argument was that it's cowardly and stupid to change your gamma and brightness settings...

Night time is where real men and women hone their skills.

LOL Love it man. So true!

You essentially say they're pussies for not knowing how to cheat.

• Like 1

I enjoy both Day and Night time in Day Z. What frustrates me is when I join a server that's night according to Dayz Commander and it's full daylight.

I see this a lot to. 

I love the night time and wish the server I played on always had it.  However for some reason though I still have issues seeing at night without nvgs in this update.  I can see the sky clearly but generally everything is still very dark for me to the point where I can only make out a few objects. 

I love the night time and wish the server I played on always had it.  However for some reason though I still have issues seeing at night without nvgs in this update.  I can see the sky clearly but generally everything is still very dark for me to the point where I can only make out a few objects. 

Turn your HDR setting up to high or very high.  I've found that to help a LOT during nighttime. 

Edited by TheLastEmp

Skat3 could it be the laptop you play on is just poopie?  :)

What's not to like?  Concealment and less aggro.

Hatchet primary for zed work and the G17 rules as a night sidearm ... also useful for blinding NVG wearers.

• Like 1

Skat3 could it be the laptop you play on is just poopie?  :)

Probably.

• Like 1

I just started playing with a friend a few days ago and we both remember the first time it started getting dark. I can recall looting a small village and walking around like a typical bambi, and all of a sudden my buddy was like, dude i cant see anything...my response was, shit. Next thing you know 2 fools are running around throwing chemlights and using flashlights to clear buildings. Allthe while there was a tension in my neck when i could hear the movement of zombies in the dark. Terrifyig and oh so satisfying. My first nght in dayz i will never forget, truly the emotion and feeling everyone who plays games craves.

I just started playing with a friend a few days ago and we both remember the first time it started getting dark. I can recall looting a small village and walking around like a typical bambi, and all of a sudden my buddy was like, dude i cant see anything...my response was, shit. Next thing you know 2 fools are running around throwing chemlights and using flashlights to clear buildings. Allthe while there was a tension in my neck when i could hear the movement of zombies in the dark. Terrifyig and oh so satisfying. My first nght in dayz i will never forget, truly the emotion and feeling everyone who plays games craves.

Yeah, man, I still remember my first night in DayZ.  I had no clue where I was.  My friend and I walked slowly with our flashlights, trying to avoid zombies and scared out of our minds.

Oh boy. I could only imagine a Bambi logging into Dayz for the first time and its night. With the creepy music playing... That would be entertaining to witness.

because if i wanted to stare at a completly black screen id just leave my monitor turned off..

NO sale on dayz Night..

i simply either wont play on anything other then 24/7 day or when the server gets darkish, i log off to another..

/endthread.

sorry but theres nothing fun about complete black..

I love playing on night servers. The problem is that not many people do and thus you're left in an empty server.

I love playing on night servers. The problem is that not many people do and thus you're left in an empty server.

Yup. Siberian is one of them  <_<

It's great though if you are busy on something like fixing a chopper, you've got nothing to worry about.

Oh boy. I could only imagine a Bambi logging into Dayz for the first time and its night. With the creepy music playing... That would be entertaining to witness.

The very first time I played DayZ was at night, in the middle of a thunderstorm with 3 other mates! Couldn't see anymore than 50 metres infront of me, I spawned at the docks in the Electro, a mate spawned just along the coast to my east, one at prigordky and the other as far west of the map as you can get. Me and the first guy met up within the first 10mins, and sat in the hut on the dock waiting for the other two to keep warm. Eventually the guy at prigordky somehow managed to find his way to us (he randomly chose left or right and stuck to the shore, he chose the correct way first time fortunately). From there, we went in search for our 4th friend, not knowing he was all the way over to the bottom west side corner. I think he ended up respawning though and managed to spawn close the next time we played (was night and raining again), and we went into cherno, not knowing it was cherno :P

We geared ourselves as best as we could, and as there were only us 4 and 3 others, we decided to head inland with flares, running with it on one person to Stary as we knew it was a good place for military loot. Unfortunately upon arriving there and standing out in the yard with a flare infront of the red barn, my mate got shot by some guy (we can only assume had NVG's). We hid in the barn and was talking to the guy over side, eventually we decided to make a break for it and head out west and then try doubling back to loot my mates body as he tried running up himself to recover it. I don't know what happened to the guy who killed our mate, but he disappeared off into the night I think as there was no sign of him. Eventually our mate got back to us, we recovered the rest of his stuff, looted the military tents and headed for the NWA. 

Needless to say, it was probably the most thrilling gaming experiences I had ever had, and it hooked me.....all because it was at night. 

Edited by Yorkie065
  • Like 1