Sign in to follow this  
LT.Sacred

Raw Meat

Okay, so I have like 6 pieces of raw meat, I also made a fireplace, but how do I cook this meat D:? Do i need like a pan to put it on or what lol...

hover over the fireplace and mouse wheel scroll to light fire. Then do the same to cook the meat.

lol thanks :D!

But uh, I light the fire, but I can't seem to get the option to cook the meat.

the fire flares up, then it goes back to the earlier state, is this a problem or is it still lit?

Make sure the meat is in your active inventory and not in your backpack. As long as you have at least one raw meat in your active inventory you should see the "Cook Meat" option when you mouseover a lit fire.

you need to place wood into the fireplace, then it will keep burning for a while and allow you to cook the meat

wood can be found in buildings or gathered in a forest if you have a hatchet

that's not the problem :/ I thought it was, but the fire keeps going out D: I light it and then it goes back to "Light fire" I light it again... poof it's gone D:

Thanks though ;D it is in my active inventory and everything.

make a complete new fireplace. sometimes they bug out.

the option to cook meat should appear when you hover over it and have the MEAT in the main inventory(not in the backpack).

Strange, i've never had a fire go out before, I always had to put it out. Where are you, indoors or outside? on a hill? is it raining?

Sounds like you do not have matches or its just a bug.

Otherwise its like walrus stated.

With wood you can place the fire and have the option to lite it but it will go out if you do not have matches. Matches are sometimes hard to find, check the markets and civilian areas. In some games it took me 10 minutes to find some in other games I could not find any in two days.

Tested this out sometime ago / posted before that POS hacker deleted 2 weeks of threads.

I find I need to have another pile of wood in my active inventory when I light the fire. Then I move the raw meat from backpack to active inventory and BBQ it.

(Well not anymore since I can't get any wood because I refuse to carry around a giant 10 slot axe..).

I found that once i had personally put out a fire, it would act as you are describing when i tried to light it again. Perhaps something happened to put out the first fire and now it will not work as a result?

could be a possibility, i left the fire, considering I was sitting right over a town, and ^^ i didn't want to die, it was more of a I need blood quick thing, but yeah I hope it will work next time I just need to find wood.

This happens to me plenty of times. Best way to deal with it, is while your lighting the fire, scroll your mousewheel so you have the menu up. For about a second, the "Cook Food" or whatever it is will pop up, and regardless if the fire is still burning or not, you'll cook all your food.