KLM

All Items in vehicles disappear after server restart

Rocket please, I beg you, fix this issue and that cars dissapear on updates, restarts. This is so frustrating, our team has lost 3 vehicles already. in a few days. Yesterday I was driving around with the Off-Road Truck, and then the server info said that the server restarts in 5 minutes. So I did stop it in the bushes, safed it like 20+ times, was spamming the safe button, after the restart I went back in and it was gone. I mean the only thing we can drive around with is a tractor atm., lol.

By the way, does anyone know if the truck is completely gone, or is it back on a previous safed position?

By the way, does anyone know if the truck is completely gone, or is it back on a previous safed position?

It should be back after next restart.

It should be back after next restart.

I safed it on accident a few times troughout the map... will be a pain in the ass to look for it with a tractor lol

Stuff isnt just dissapearing, they are reverting to a previous state. I have a vehicle and tents that rollback so I get old gear back and lose any new gear I store in them even when I save.

Same issue here.

Car, tent, barbed wire, tank trap, all we're there when we logged out, but we're gone after server restart.

Me and some friends had a camp, short story we saw some otehr dudes nearby, took all their shit and veichles and moved further away. We come back the next day, about 8h later from when we logged, tents are raided, no loot left and all veichles are gone except one we hid way off.

We ended up going to where we initially found all the gear and the tents we raided + ran over was back up and had all the stuff in them again. No sign of the veichles... We figured "Server Restart/Respawn" so we went to see if the jeep was respawned.. It was not. I am very unsure whether someone took the veichles (as we were found and killde the survivor who found us and he's as best spawn 1h running time from us even though it was late US).

I cannot tell if it's players or actual bug where the veichles dissapeared and we might have to wait another server restart to see the URAL/UAZ but I ahve no idea. I know it's a alpha and I'm trying to enjoy it but after the whole day put into moving shit about to get it despawned where I can feel I could've played any other game, it makes me sad...

Other than that great game Rocket and the dudes doing this, hope you read this and can clearify what would be best as of maybe waiting for respawn or not?

Server was US 941

This could be because if the restart happened very soon after changing the load in the vehicles it could be possible it wasn't saved even if you used the 'save vehicle' action. Just like the server has a lag on the save feature the same applies for vehicles. After multiple server restarts it could be possible that after each restart you need to save the vehicle otherwise vehicle contents will be wiped. But this is not proven just a possibility.

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

bump for fix pls, same stuff happening to me, cars loose loot after a reset, been driving it for HOURS and saving, and bam all loot gone after a reset, and heli.. fixed it, 3 hours later reset, and heli respawned back at original location fully broken.. no players are taking it, its just reverting back.. soo annoying.

Umm.. Vehicle disappeared and loot in other gone after server reboot. rebooting again doesn;t bring them back.. hours of fixing a vehicle.. gone. And yes I saved is many times before the reboot.

Just lost a tent full of loot this morning. Saved tent last night full of weapons/supplies/ammo.

i had a couple of Vehicles server restarted and they went back to there spawn point not repaired so i spemt a good few hrs getting and saved them where i wanted them and they respawn back where i found them this is not funny

Edited by kaine

The hive is on pause, it reverts back to before 1.7.2.5 because they knew it would screw up shit

The hive is on pause, it reverts back to before 1.7.2.5 because they knew it would screw up shit

Are you guessing or is there a confirmation of this? because it does save some things.. it can't be paused.

Edited by gwbrewer

Just happened to a bus and ATV for me. Goodbye forever, FN FAL and 2 sets of NVGs :( Happens with tent too.

Exactly the same happened to my group, our old hatchback ate 2 SVD's, NVG's, Ghillies and all sort of other goodies and reverted back to the items that were inside the car when we found it. Same happened to our tent, it is stocked with food and soda and we always grab our meals from there when we go out exploring, the tent was fully restocked after a server restart today..

Same with the offroad. and it got displaced a couple of meters as well as lose gear.

edit: I checked again, and lost some fine gear. i'd like to see that fixed otherwise it makes the game a bit screwd up

Edited by qubolo

Yeah, we've been seeing the same issues as well. It's got to the point where my group has rolled back our server version to 1.7.2.4. Saving the gear we get is far more importanat than whatever was added in .5

Hopefully this is fixed soon.

Same issue on my server (1.7.2.5 + 96061) vehicles never save and I've had many, many people complain about this.

Hope this helps folks but when ANY vehicle or tent is saved the server reports the following error:

Error in expression <stInventory",_inventory];

if (_objectID == "0") then {

_key = format["CHILD:xxx:>

Error position: <== "0") then {

_key = format["CHILD:xxx:>

Error Generic error in expression

File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 31

Im guessing a typo or something has been introduced into the hive update script or something which is preventing world objects from saving...

We just tested this on our server - had the blue van at Soli and the 2 boats nearby. Put gear in them, save all 3 3 times and restarted the server. On restart, all have respawned back to their places and all damaged so need fixing again. So this patch just made tents and vehicles broken, didn't fix the graphical glitch so what was the point of it?