Sign in to follow this  
LeoTheRipper

Its not that its bad, its annoying.

I don't mind the increase in difficulty. Its just that it is annoying. I now spend more than half my time on my belly. There is nothing spawning and the zombies are just increasingly hard. I am just confused from a Game Developer stand point. This recent update(s) make it virtually impossible for new players. Especially if they haven't played AMRA before and do not know the controls. I can't even imagine trying to do what i did when the whinny was a one hit now. I get it that its in beta and there is bugs, but when i spend an hour crawling through a barn to get shit then it all disappears upon logging in again. I miss my shit.

I understand where the realistic stand point comes in, but when decomposing eyes spots me at a mile away then starts sprinting at me till i take them down or "evade" them, that is just bad. I liked the difficulty of 1.6. If i wanted to I could spend more time sneaking but lessen the chance of getting injured/and alerting people. Now i am forced to always sneak because going guns blazing is suicide. Its just from a players stand point, it is just not fun anymore. Which from a GM standpoint is just wrong. I hope you enjoyed my tears Rocket, I loved your mod, but now i cant even play it. And there not tears of anger, or newbingness, there tears of sorrows that your mod has come to this.

It's alpha, not beta, and there were some quirks with zombie's ability to see you that are being resolved in 1.7.1.5. This is post #234234 on why hotfix #43523452 sux.

I agree, I'm okay with it being a little difficult.. but for new players, it's just hard! I'm kinda new, starting to know the ropes here and there so I'm kinda good at sneaking, etc. But my friend who started playing yesterday... he's never gotten far into a city before getting killed because he has no defense for himself by a zombie or survivor.

The entire point of this game is to learn how to survive. It just sounds like some have difficulty in learning.

Not familiar with Arma? Go play it! You have the game now...

People just need to relax and enjoy the game. If it makes you have to crawl to survive, well, that's what you gotta do. But people keep forgetting, that you have a choice. No, not a choice in what game to play, that's obvious. But a choice in how you interact with this game. You don't have to crawl, you can go into a city Rambo style until you run out of ammo. You don't even have to go into cities. You can go raid people's campsites. Hit up all the deerstands. This shit isn't linear, so stop thinking that way.

As a player, as a game developer, as a consumer, it's a game. I like it, that's why I play it. I am not trying to change it so I CAN like it, because in the end, it's not my vision, it's Rocket & Teams' vision. There are plenty of other games out there that hold new players' hands and make it easy for them. Thankfully, this isn't one of them.

IT"S A GOOD THING YOU MADE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS OR WE ALL MIGHT HAVE FORGOTTEN.

Only Crawl is really a bad option. It must be possible to sneak near the Zs. You need so much Time to crawl into buildings and then there is nothing this time worth. Then you must crawl back. And when you accidentally run far too near a village/town the Zs from the entire Area are going to behind you. And when you are New Player that just have spawned you didn't even have a weapon.

Don't misunderstood. Its good when it's hard and I don't want a "Call of Z". But there is a Line between a Game and Reality and between Fun and Frustration. There are players who would have fun to sleep for 8 hours (Realtime) in this game or to take a shit in the woods. But is this fun for other players ? I think not. And Zombies aren't even "real". There are much interpretations of Zombies out there. But I haven't heard of this supersensitive Race that I encountered so far.

Not everyone is a "Ultimate Hardcore Player". So don't make it easy. But give a Chance to new players or players who haven't much time/skill to play this game with Fun and not with a sad face.