itsDIETZ

BUIS for weapons with optics

Its actually a bug, not a placeholder. The attachment system works via proxies placed on the M4 base model. The engine is supposed to render the LOD of the proxy mesh which corresponds to the observed LOD in game (i.e. if you're in 1st person view, the 1st person proxy mesh should render for you).

This wasn't happening at the time the video was made and the engine was rendering one of the 3rd person LODs (lower poly to save on performance for others). Dean told me just yesterday, this bug was fixed.

As for BUIS - yes we are planning on making BUIS for the M4 (actually I have both a MaTech and MBUIS high poly models from previous projects already made so its just a matter of me making something game-ready and then letting Dean and Jirka see what they can conjure up with them).

edit: oh and regarding cowitness...its not necessary in the game. Actually the way the game works means the rear sight aperture is just eyecandy. IRL the rear sight tells you 'you're perpendicular to the front post' but you're forced to have perfect perpendicularity in-game because you don't have 6-DOF when aiming. Your aimpoint can turn off but it really won't have an impact on your aim in game :P

Of course, for eye candy purposes, I think it should be there...but in practice, it wouldn't surprise me if people go rear aperture-less to maintain greater situational awareness.

Yes! Thanks for the reply, that sounds awesome! 

Yes! Thanks for the reply, that sounds awesome!

Who would of thought the staff are as good to have answered your question directly.

New fav staff member BTW, never seen Rocket or Matt answering publics questions lately.

Its actually a bug, not a placeholder. The attachment system works via proxies placed on the M4 base model. The engine is supposed to render the LOD of the proxy mesh which corresponds to the observed LOD in game (i.e. if you're in 1st person view, the 1st person proxy mesh should render for you).

This wasn't happening at the time the video was made and the engine was rendering one of the 3rd person LODs (lower poly to save on performance for others). Dean told me just yesterday, this bug was fixed.

As for BUIS - yes we are planning on making BUIS for the M4 (actually I have both a MaTech and MBUIS high poly models from previous projects already made so its just a matter of me making something game-ready and then letting Dean and Jirka see what they can conjure up with them).

edit: oh and regarding cowitness...its not necessary in the game. Actually the way the game works means the rear sight aperture is just eyecandy. IRL the rear sight tells you 'you're perpendicular to the front post' but you're forced to have perfect perpendicularity in-game because you don't have 6-DOF when aiming. Your aimpoint can turn off but it really won't have an impact on your aim in game :P

Of course, for eye candy purposes, I think it should be there...but in practice, it wouldn't surprise me if people go rear aperture-less to maintain greater situational awareness.

And this is why I dig the game. Because you understand what we're talking about, but recognize the limitations of the game etc and at least have a straightforward answer/solution that compromises between the two dialogues. Thank you.  

I should also add, if I wanted full on reality, there's still a war in Afghanistan and always room for one more pair of hands to hold a rifle lol.  

You, sir, hit the nail on the head. I guess I'm not the best at explaining myself or something, no one else seems to get it.

Also, are you asking why not an angle mounted system in game or on my setup?

And Rooster ( I have no idea why I called you Woodland before, musta been hittin the sauce heavy) yeah I was wondering why don't you do an angle mounted, but I'm sure I already know the answer- price. You'd have to change your rig up a bit- and unless you have bullets whizzing/cracking by your head... meh. Who needs it.  

Does anyone here actually know that they can merge their posts?
If you have to reply to multiple people, just quote the person and edit it into your most recent post. The only reason you shouldn't have to do this is if someone else has posted after yours.

Does anyone here actually know that they can merge their posts?

If you have to reply to multiple people, just quote the person and edit it into your most recent post. The only reason you shouldn't have to do this is if someone else has posted after yours.

Either I didn't want to, or my second post was four hours later or both. To add, why should someone get a notification that I'm responding to another person anyway. Multiple quotes can be annoying... and blah blah whatever.  This is above the amount of my time you deserve. 

And Rooster ( I have no idea why I called you Woodland before, musta been hittin the sauce heavy) yeah I was wondering why don't you do an angle mounted, but I'm sure I already know the answer- price. You'd have to change your rig up a bit- and unless you have bullets whizzing/cracking by your head... meh. Who needs it.  

I definitely considered it, but I don't really need it. It's a 1-4x scope anyway, so at 1x I can still get on target relatively quickly. I might do it on another build I want to do. I want to put together a MK12 Mod 0  clone in 6.5 Grendel. Definitely would be cool on that. 

FYI aimpoints get something like 50,000 hours to 1 battery so getting down to this level of detail to include batteries for optics seem a little silly.

and for those they would like to argue the batter life see link.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aimpoint.com%2Fproducts%2Fall-products%2Fproduct-singleview%2Fproduct%2Fcompm4

Yep, but for gameplay sake I doubt they would do it. They already state many items in game will need batteries if I'm not mistaken, that's why I assumed your optic would need one. I mean why not if other items are going to need them. I don't see why every thinks they won't go through the trouble of doing that kind of thing. I mean they are working on item degradation, foot damage, all sorts of infections. What's so big about this issue. I digress. Anyways, those Aimpoints are badass, I think the latest one has about an 8 year battery life.

Thanks for the replies.

Hmm, I could see that.  My IRL rifle is set up with a 1-4x scope so to use my BUIS I would have to take it off.  Part of the reason for having them with a CCO, is you don't even have to remove it with them on. Hence, why you need your sights aligned properly.

Thanks for the reply

My personal rifle:

946623_10152870181765241_1670067565_n.jp

You haz gun? Me callingZ da CopZ!

• Like 1