Sign in to follow this  
Dchil

Keyboard mapping, A question

Is there a way to use the number keys and space bar for something other than their defaults? Such as a mod or a setting that needs to be changed. I am asking this because i play on a laptop [without a numpad] and i am trying to figure out how i want my keyboard setup and not being able to use these keys is annoying.

Edited by Dchil

Kind of confused about what you're asking to do with your number bar.

I would personally recommend what was suggested above, or just buy a keyboard seperate.

Kind of confused about what you're asking to do with your number bar.

I would personally recommend what was suggested above, or just buy a keyboard seperate.

Ok here is what i'm thinking of doing.

space = vault/jump/whatever

1 = swap to pistol

2 = zoom in [i have optics to rmb]

1 = swap to pistol

You change weapons with the scroll menu, I don't think there is a way to bind that.

You change weapons with the scroll menu, I don't think there is a way to bind that.

You can bind it.

1 = swap to pistol

Just go in your control options, and keymap toggle weapon (not  sure what it's called) to 1,

etc, etc

• Like 2

You can bind it.

Just go in your control options, and keymap toggle weapon (not  sure what it's called) to 1,

etc, etc

The problem with that is that the engine won't let you map them because it is a massive part of the original game, Infact you spend an entire misson learning how to do it [iirc] or for some other reason. If you were to go into dayz right now and try to map those keys it wouldn't let you, it even says [iirc] "except 1,2,3... space" because the Ai are controlled by them. If it was that easy then i wouldn't have asked on here and the Balota buddies forum.

Not trying to sound like i'm raging [i can't exactly get upset about not being able to map the keys i want in a game i can't play due to my laptop being in pieces ATM] but it is annoying to me, especially due to the amount of FPS games i have played with this as apart of their default has altered my game style so i want t be able to use them.

I mapped sprint to the space bar so i would of thought you could do that one at least.

Also i suggest keeping zoom as Rmb and using Rmb+Lshift for swapping optics, made this change recently and it works really well.