Hieronymus Josche

Yet another suggestion to encourage teamwork and PK accountability

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, I searched high and low couldn't find this suggestion. Although I'm sure there is some variation along this idea..

Here we go: Create the ability for players to turn on their own player tag. This tag wouldn't just have the player name, it would also contain; Zed Kill count, survivor kill count, player helped/saved (bandaging, giving items to, giving transfusions) and time alive.

This tag would only be visible to players that were within a certain distance of the player exposing their "tag" (around 30m)

I imagine the scenario like this:

Two players come across each other, instead of killing each other, they both flip on their flags. Now both players can get a very basic overview of each others stats, how experienced the other player is, and say if player A has a high pk count but also a high player "helped" count, player B has to decide whether or not they are trustworthy.

The information is presented as neutrally as possible. When a player sees another's ID, they now have to decide how to interpret that information. Players aren't presented as "bandits", but their actions are on display, but only to whom they choose to reveal that information to.

So, if players never want to reveal their stats to other players they don't have to.

Also if a players are working together and their flags are on, when things get hairy, situational awareness becomes much better, but only at a certain distance, once a player left the 30m range, the flag disappears.

Once again, sorry if this has already been suggested.

I think this suggestion adhere's to the mechanic of not setting up a system that rewards or punishes a certain play style, but encourages people to think on their feet and judge each situation for themselves.

• Like 1

As fine as this post is, noone would let anyone get within 30 meters of eachother (unless they were suicidal). I know that if i saw someone coming towards me to check out my "stats" i'd shoot first and loot him afterwards even though im not really a bandit kinda person, im just a survivor looking out for myself.

As fine as this post is' date=' noone would let anyone get within 30 meters of eachother (unless they were suicidal). I know that if i saw someone coming towards me to check out my "stats" i'd shoot first and loot him afterwards even though im not really a bandit kinda person, im just a survivor looking out for myself.

[/quote']

I understand your choice, but that's not the one everyone makes in every situation.

I know that if i saw someone coming towards me to check out my "stats" i'd shoot first and loot him afterwards even though im not really a bandit kinda person' date=' im just a survivor looking out for myself.[/b']

sing it with me now...

"And this is the reason, that bandits don't exist!"

That is the nail on head way any mechanic based on this fantasy of extremes of morals is bollocks. 'Bandits' are an illusion. Its just a fantasy, a scapegoat for more pressing issues is you will.

Would it be possible to display that information when you see someone through binoculars or a scope?

Also the info shouldnt be stats, but something ambigous. I dont know what though my ideas sound stupid. Like blinking rate that would be higher for multiple murderers but also for people whove recently been shot at. Or just the info when their weapon has last been fired.

I dont know

hey I've got an idea

if you want to tell someone about your stats

open up the chat and TELL THEM

/thread

hey I've got an idea

/thread

I could tell you on this forum that ive murdered many a bandit and survivor in real life, but if you looked at me through binoculars you might get another opinion. Which is more likely to be right?

Sight+brain or text I wrote you?

hey I've got an idea

/thread

The point is to have a hard, indisputable metric that a player can AT will reveal to another player. The chat is already full of bullshitters...

it would work technically but it would suck from an immersion breaking perspective. I agree we need something, but I feel it has to be more subtle.

The point is to have a hard' date=' indisputable metric that a player can AT will reveal to another player. The chat is already full of bullshitters...[/quote']

I never thought I'd find another total fucking nutjob who demands refereed CV's from everyone he meets

we should be friends

I never thought I'd find another total fucking nutjob who demands refereed CV's from everyone he meets

we should be friends

Can't be to sure about anything in Day Z ;)

Seems like a valid idea to me. I mean, you can talk about breaking immersion, but you already have a HUD meter telling you when you're thirsty, so that's not really a big deal. Problem is, at this point stats reset at every death, so a bandit could kill you with a hatchet after his card reads zero.

As for the "there are no bandits" line, please don't blame the game for your behavior. I've met plenty of people who wanted to work together and didn't just shoot on sight. Saying you shoot everyone to be on the safe side is a weak justification for your choice of play. If you want to be a paranoid murderer, be one and own it.

Not a bad idea, but I think there would have to be a different way of implementing it besides a big tag displaying information. Something akin to the bandit heartbeat in terms of not totally breaking immersion.