Sign in to follow this  
Zosso

WTF Is... : DayZ ? (Hyper WTF Edition feat. rocket)

for thoses not aware of total biscuit, hes a youtuber who does game reviews, play throughs and generally talking about games! good channel! and he has an exclusive interview with one Mr Dean "Rocket" Hall, enjoy!

i never knew he was an aussie!

hes said team building aspects are going to introduced to the game at some point! great news!

very informative interview!

EDIT: Shortly after this post, this thread goes downhill, so before it does, I'd like to urge players to watch the video, as the interviewer and Rocket discuss some hot issues in some detail, and its nice to hear Rockets side of things.

things i've hear them discuss already is:

>server optimization.

>script kiddies

>getting 'more 'professional'' with the updates/development (Rocket himself says its not the right word)

>mechanics for team building (testing no guns is part of this)

>ah fuck loads of shit, but our friends skim reading has distracted me, :-/

Anyhow its worth a watch.

Original post:

Weird, Where'd you guys get all that starting gear from hmm?

the double barrel suggests your playing the new uber-harsh patch, but you guys have guns. ammo etc...

Now a more paranoid player would cry 'admin hackz0r!' at Rocket himself!

But i'm just fucking with you, Rocket can do what he likes when hes showcasing it. Would be great if he did something like this as an introduction vid maybe, like a 'overlord hints for new survivors' thing haha

Weird' date=' Where'd you guys get all that starting gear from hmm?

the double barrel suggests your playing the new uber-harsh patch, but you guys have guns. ammo etc...

Now a more paranoid player would cry 'admin hackz0r!' at Rocket himself!

But i'm just fucking with you, Rocket can do what he likes when hes showcasing it. Would be great if he did something like this as an introduction vid maybe, like a 'overlord hints for new survivors' thing haha

[/quote']

Obviously its slightly staged.

according to Rocket, Zed's cant attack you in the wooden cabin type building at mo!!! very good to know :)

He sounds like he is from New Zealand, not an Aussie?

He sounds like Murray from Flight of the Conchords.

You seem to be having trouble reading. I know.

I skim' date=' i dont read.

[/quote']

Well maybe don't bother posting then. Sorry, but any replies you give when you don't even bother reading what your responding to is kind of a waste of everyones time. You most likely have some valuable input, but if its tied to bullet points instead of on what someones actually said it can muddy the waters. Don't mean to have a go, just saying that it'll make a more focused forum all round.

ON TOPIC:

this videos really useful, hearing some input and thoughts on the mod directly from rockets mouth is great.

Videos worth the watch just to hear the thoughts of Rocket but i its borderline awkward watching TB :D

Videos worth the watch just to hear the thoughts of Rocket but i its borderline awkward watching TB :D

Yeah agreed, haha, its not the best gameplay video, but its interesting from a development point of view. :)

no idea! i cant tell the difference in accent!

just glad we got some info right from the horses mouth!

A lot of DayZ Lets play videos out there, but this one is actually with the developer of DayZ, Rocket itself. They combine an interview, tipsn tricks and a lets play in this video, quiete cool....check it out.

Total Hailibut video:

A lot of DayZ Lets play videos out there' date=' but this one is actually with the developer of DayZ, Rocket itself. They combine an interview, tipsn tricks and a lets play in this video, quiete cool....check it out.

Total Hailibut video:

[/quote']

Already a thread on this in the gallery mate.

Can't wait to get home from office and watch.

Do we get to hear Rocket's voice? His sweet sweet voice?

Can't wait to get home from office and watch.

Do we get to hear Rocket's voice? His sweet sweet voice?

Yeah, hes on cam in only a bra too. :heart:

haha