goldengears

[v1.5.6] Zombies / Loot Spawn Issues

I'm sure Devs are aware from people posting in other sections but just thought I'd make it official in the bugs section.

Date/Time: Since 1.5.6

What happened: Nothing spawns, no loot or zombies after server is up approx 3HRS

Where you were: All over the place

What you were doing: Looking for loot and zombies

*Current installed version: 1.5.6

*Server(s) you were on: Seattle

When the server firsts starts in runs absolutely perfect, no bugs at all. Respawns were great, and no issues. Zombie count was around 500-600 for most of the game.

3 Hours later same server

No loot was spawning. Sometimes items but if looted them nothing replaced them

Zombie count eventually dropped to 30. The complete map was desolate unable to find a zombie in any towns, when they were found if killed they didn't respawn.

I've had this issue in several different servers, just reporting on this one incidence of a repeating issue.

I get a lot of complains about this too on my servers. I myself had no problems finding loot, but the Zombie count surely is quite low all the time, compared to 1.5.3 and below.

I'm currently performing up to 3 server restarts a day to please the people.

Confirming this bug as well.

Hopped across multiple servers (US/Chicago/Atlanta/Seattle) in the last 4 hours

All had low numbers (always >60, usually ~30) or no zombies at all and no loot was spawning except the occasional body bag.

Only happened to my eyes since 1.5.6

Seems like the roaming zombies don't spawn. I haven't run into any zombies walking around in towns like before. Most off the zombies are just sitting inside buildings where stuff spawns.

Yup , spent about 3 hours today trying to find items in-land and then in cherno, nothing was there apart from backpacks(player dropped most likely) and more importantly didn't encounter a zombie the entire 3 hours.

Roaming zombies are virtually nonexistant, zombie count is incredibly low (compared to the 1000-1800 max about a week ago), occasionally only backpacks spawn, fog resets sporadically (as well as occasional strobe effect from lighting), and loot spawns massively disproportionate: for most of the time loot seems to have disappeared entirely, but rarely a stupidly large amount of loot spawns in one location. Found two lee-enfields and a winchester in a barn along with more ammo than i could ever need and 6 or 7 assorted food and drink, but everywhere else there was absolutely nothing

Yeah, loot is messing up for me too on every other server I go on, what happened to the big 1000+ zombie counts? Also, no more roaming zombies, and the ones that do don't respawn.

Confirm -

Checked 7 barns, and 5 apartments in and around Chernogorsk.

Found 5 tin cans (In one barn)

3 Alice Packs (in 2 Apartments)

Zombie count stayed at 130~140, and not a single zombie spawned near the apartments

I can confirm this as well too. Zombie count is usually between 10-35. Loot seems to stop spawning or if it does it seems to be Alice Bags or just tin cans. Not ALL the time though but more often than not. But zombie spawns are definitely the biggest/most important issue. I can confirm this on US2 servers as well as EU3. Any ideas?

One day, with this bug,i found 10 mags of M24, SVD and DMR each in the barracks. And that was it. Nothing else.

Did someone mention loot despawning?

Ran into a shed where it was a jerry tank, 20 m away i had my car. Dropped some items in it, ran back to jerry can and it was gone. FML!

Aye, items despawn now. That also applies to stashes of items that you drop somewhere.

A few versions ago, those items used to persist until the server restarted, now they just vanish when noone is nearby.

I understand that this increases server-stability, but at what cost?

I'd much prefer the old spawn-code where loot actually stayed and spawned and zombies also spawned much faster, even if that means the server would occasionally crash.

That is alot better than having to manually restart the server all the time just to try to counter this loot-bug.

I've found that hanging out at the outskirts of a village helps this issue a lot. It seems to give the server some time to populate things. I guess it's probably a good idea anyway for safety.

Maybe the range around a player that spawns stuff could be increased? If you move quickly you can get to a town before anything pops up.

Same here trying Norway 1, EU 1, and others servers only backpack, no loot, very few zombie... finally in FR1: normal loot and decent number of zombie although yesterday FR1 had no loot / zeds...