Sign in to follow this  
Skypill

Rewritten Cooking suggestion.

About a month ago i made a post. That suggested that there could be a wider range of cooking in dayz.

This is a more detailed post about it ^_^

Bolognese:

What you need: Mince (obtained from a cow) Canned tomatos (obtained from a store) Clean water and Spices (found growing in most places outside of citys).

Effects: it heals 1000 blood and makes you a little less likely to catch a cold/infection and also boosts your morale meter.

Equipment needed: A cooking pot, and some wood and matches to make a fire.

Sausages: Pork (from killing boars found roaming about everywhere.) Spices.

Effects: 150 blood per sausage and 1/5 of your morale meter filled.

Equipment needed:

Knife, Scrap metal, wood and matches.

If you can think of any more practical recipes, please pm me or reply to this topic with your ideas and i may add them to the post!

Morale meter: The morale meter is an little icon that goes alongside your food and drink meter and it lowers or raises depending on what happens on the paticular life on DayZ.eg- if you bloodbag a player your meter raises a little and if you kill a player it lowers a little.

Your morale meter is also dependent on food and drink, if you have gone for a long time without eating your character will make moaning noises and slow down when running as he doesnt have the energy to be able to run.It will also make you more regretful,for example if it was low and you killed a player you would have to bloodbag/eat to make your morale meter go back up. And if you didnt your. Character would slowly become depressed and if it is left for a long time your character may kill themselves.

Spices:

Rosemary,mint,pepper, chilli.

If you can think of any more please tell me!

Im totally open to constructive criticism, but dont hate as this is just an idea!

Thanks! :3

Edit: i wrote this on my ipad and now my hands hurt real bad!

Edited by Skypill
  • Like 2

Meatballs- 2 x goats eyes and a fork.

Thats all.

And if you didnt your. Character would slowly become depressed and if it is left for a long time your character may kill themselves.

Spices:

Rosemary,mint,pepper, chilli.

If you can think of any more please tell me!

Im totally open to constructive criticism, but dont hate as this is just an idea!

Thanks! :3

Wow, um, that got really dark for a second.

Wow, um, that got really dark for a second.

Lol

cooked pasta? You just need can of pasta and some form of water in a pot.

Easy meal and you can craft different toppings onto it like canned tomatoes.

Bump.. I put alot of time into this post..

• Like 1

I'm actually working on a more realistic cooking system for Aftermath, hopefully after beta release I will have more time to push on with it. Nothing complicated just a bunch of ingredients and a recipe book. However the ingredients will be tied in with our harvesting, meaning you must find them first :)

• Like 1

I'd like to recommend that there should be some recipe books available in some stores that could give you an idea of what we can use to make some different meals with some of those not being listed and could be something that we can make on our own. With this being said; we have to take a look at things that would be available without those being a perishable item unless it was harvested ourselves :)

This is a start of a great idea which can be expanded thoroughly with the new crafting system. Razor has actually been working on that with the Mod and the Standalone will introduce this as well :)