Sign in to follow this  
Remix (DayZ)

Loneliness Gauge (Encouraging Teamwork!)

I never bother to post suggestions because they'll never get seen but anyway;

In an attempt to encourage teamwork and not have the game solely based off PvP and KoSing, I suggest a loneliness guage. Similar to the water and food gauge, you can die after prolonged loneliness.

If you're within 80 metres of another player (the current Direct Communication distance) then your gauge will slowly rise. After 4-5 hours of isolation, you will die.

Edit: Scroll down.

Dying becuase you were alone for 5 hours.

What the fuck!? No. Terrible idea. Besides, this has been suggested quite a bit of the late.

This sort of thing has been discussed at length in other threads. Its still one of my least favourite ideas this time around.

/me wonders if this is truly a trolling thread or just a thread that should be considered a trolling thread

No one ever died strictly from being alone.

being lonely sucks ass :( I don't see why not having and indicator to show how much player interaction someone has had for the sakes of tracking more values.

The idea is good but it needs to be toned down a lot, no one ever died from loneliness rather they died from insanity or simply losing the will to live for the sake of this idea we'll run with Sanity.

Simple enough, every player spawns with 80% Sanity (you must be a little crazy to survive an apocolypse) which rises (say 10% a minute) while in direct comms range and degrades slowly outside of it (around 5% an hour) just to add a little flavour the times will be effected by murders/Humanity to reflect paranoia in those who hunt the most deadly prey(about 1 minute per murder to rise and -3% Sanity when murdering.)

To encourage teamplay in murderers they'll receive less penalties while in range of another murderer (30 - 50% less).

Having more people around should have an effect on each stat, ballpark figure of 2% per person.

Now the slow decent in to madness!

Sanity:

• 100% - Sane, clam and almost cheery! Blood loss is reduced by 3
  • 80% - Pessimistic yet determinded, no perks or penalties.
  • 50% - Depressed and lonely, 5% increased change of cold/hypothermia when out in the rain.
  • 30% - On the edge, 5% chance of cold/hypothermia in the rain and 3% increased blood loss.
  • 10% - Loosing it, 10% chance of cold/hypothermia in the rain, 5% increased blood loss.
  • 0% - Insane the world is a mushroom and I'm just a purple elephant, lets go dancing! Heavy breathing, increased heartbeat, 20% chance of cold/hypothermia in the rain, 10% increased blood loss but on the upside the trees are made of candy why not give 'em a lick?.

I don't think it should have any effects, at first it should be used merely to see on average how much players socialize in-game.

Wasnt there this one royal dude who let children grow up in complete isolation and they died in months?

But even grown people would change when their only interaction with others is killing them. These should be minimal effects though

Basellis posts is pretty good, although I think this should refill much faster. And maybe take away all sanity/sociality you gained from being near a person when you kill that person...

lonliness is kind of the same thing as humanity meter and could be merged into the same thing with maybe a few extra variables

lonliness is kind of the same thing as humanity meter and could be merged into the same thing with maybe a few extra variables

while it is kinda the same thing, the humanity meter is more of a black/white thing which makes the choices kinda boring. I would rather have a more complex system that has like 2 axis with opposing values that are not good vs bad.

The idea is good but it needs to be toned down a lot' date=' no one ever died from loneliness rather they died from insanity or simply losing the will to live for the sake of this idea we'll run with Sanity.

Simple enough, every player spawns with 80% Sanity (you must be a little crazy to survive an apocolypse) which rises (say 10% a minute) while in direct comms range and degrades slowly outside of it (around 5% an hour) just to add a little flavour the times will be effected by murders/Humanity to reflect paranoia in those who hunt the most deadly prey(about 1 minute per murder to rise and -3% Sanity when murdering.)

To encourage teamplay in murderers they'll receive less penalties while in range of another murderer (30 - 50% less).

Having more people around should have an effect on each stat, ballpark figure of 2% per person.

Now the slow decent in to madness!

[b']Sanity:

• 100% - Sane, clam and almost cheery! Blood loss is reduced by 3
  • 80% - Pessimistic yet determinded, no perks or penalties.
  • 50% - Depressed and lonely, 5% increased change of cold/hypothermia when out in the rain.
  • 30% - On the edge, 5% chance of cold/hypothermia in the rain and 3% increased blood loss.
  • 10% - Loosing it, 10% chance of cold/hypothermia in the rain, 5% increased blood loss.
  • 0% - Insane the world is a mushroom and I'm just a purple elephant, lets go dancing! Heavy breathing, increased heartbeat, 20% chance of cold/hypothermia in the rain, 10% increased blood loss but on the upside the trees are made of candy why not give 'em a lick?.

I love this. <3