Sign in to follow this  
dominick353

New to this game and just wondering what my computer needs for more fps

Hey I am sort of new to this game and i was just wondering why i am always stuck at like 20 fps while playing dayZ no matter if my setting are on low or high i have a great graphics card and my computer is fairly new as i made it around the beginning of the year. When i use can you run it it says my computer is far best the recommended for this game.

Here is the specs to my computer

AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor

GeForce GTX 560

8.2 GB of ram

and my cpu speed is 3.5 ghz

Im not sure if i need to reformat my computer for more space, update my drivers, or if it is just the specs on my computer if someone could help me out with this is would be a lot of help.

Please read the stickies.

I'll be happy to help when you've found the thread OK.

It helps if we have 1 thread instead of 15000 of them :)

Im not sure if i need to reformat my computer for more space, update my drivers, or if it is just the specs on my computer if someone could help me out with this is would be a lot of help.

If you haven't tried updating your drivers yet that is the first place you should start.  After that head over to this guide and try a few things.

FPS on DayZ is all over the place.  I would say experiment with different servers with different amounts of people to see the results.  A server with 1000 vehicles rocking 60 players is going to drag compared to a vanilla DayZ server with 15-25 people.  Sometimes sacrifices must be made!