schrapple

High FPS = More Zeds???

That's just it, at 20FPS zombies probably are pretty harmless, at high FPS the bloody things are everywhere. It is absolutely crippling the game for me, every single zombie spawn point has 2 or 3 zombies on it, every building (and I literally mean everyone) has zombies in it, you literally can't get loot without killing at least 2 zeds, which is a bigger problem because firing even the quietest gun bring at least 30 zeds to you. You can't sneak anywhere because there are so many zeds you get spotted, It's driving me nuts. Is there anyone else who is having this problem? and does anyone have a solution to it?

1: Increase your view distance until less zombies spawn. View distance is really important for PvP, after all.

2: I can fire a Lee Enfield and (assuming I run from that spot quickly enough) not get swarmed.

3: The SA will have finite zombies in player inhabited zones. Although Rocket went back on his word and said zombies will respawn when players leave.

1: Increase your view distance until less zombies spawn. View distance is really important for PvP, after all.

2: I can fire a Lee Enfield and (assuming I run from that spot quickly enough) not get swarmed.

3: The SA will have finite zombies in player inhabited zones. Although Rocket went back on his word and said zombies will respawn when players leave.

Cheers, turning my setting up helped a bit. How do I turn my view distance up? (sorry i'm a bit of an ARMA tard :blush: )

Cheers, turning my setting up helped a bit. How do I turn my view distance up? (sorry i'm a bit of an ARMA tard :blush: )

Render distance? It's in your video options list.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/RaisingCane/Arma%202/Arma2settings.jpg

Visibility at the top-left

Update. Still no good, just had 6 zeds spawn inside one of those little log cabins, tried to drive a bus and there was a road block or wrecked car literally every 10 meters (you would of had trouble fitting more on the road there was that many). Turning my settings up helps but only when there is enough going on to slow my FPS rate. This is driving me nuts :facepalm: .

Yeh, I don't really like the sound of it either but tbh I haven't even noticed, was only added in 1.7.7 http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/129843-dayz-mod-177-patch/

Old system was 40 per client and +10 for each player within 400m I think.

I think this needs to be reverted.

Edited by nocturnal7x
  • Like 1