Sign in to follow this  
deergab

Is HFBServers good for TSW Anti-Hack? And are they legit?

This is the link http://thesilentwarrior.com/tsw/,

It says TSW can remotely connect to my server or locally if I own a server which I don't have it yet. Still saving for Optimum Boost so I can locally host my own website and have my domain connected to my server.  It says I need to have access to the database and rcon and FTP for optional. Just wanting to know if anyone has tried TSW Anti-Hack and if its good because its only $15.94 (12eu)?

Edit:

I mean legit for TSW Anti-Hack itself not HFBServers I have tried them and they've been wonderful.

Edited by deergab

We just moved to HFB and they they have unrestricted access to all server files. That said they use the same software and interface to control their servers as other  and bigger server hosts such as Vilayer. Had I known that in hindsight I would ahve probably went back to Vilayer. Again this isnt because HFB is a bad host as such, juust theya rent as big asVilayer.

TSW is a great mod and yes it does work really well without any issues as we had it running on our vanilla Day Z server for a  while. However it DOESNT seem to work proeprly with Day Z Epoch. I would also say TSW is only required once a serve becomes popular. Its not really necessary for a server taht only has a couple of players online and its probably more likely to be sued as an admin exploit than anything else!

My advice to you would be if you're running a dayz vanilla server with just bog standard tweaks to rent from Dayz.ST as they are cheap, reliable and offer some fantastic admin tools already. They also allow some good customs. If you plan to run day z mods or heavily customised day z (with modifications to the dayz_code.pbo files or other core files), go Vilayer or HFB.

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

Hey mate,

For what it's worth, I host US3480 and US816 with HFB, and have always enjoyed it.  They aren't "as big" as other names out there--but personally I don't find that to be a bad thing.  The service is good, and they are quite fair when it comes to billing.  I like the fact that they have Group Pay setup, so my guys can pay directly towards the server bill if they so choose, and the ability to "put my hands on" the files.

Moving forward, I have never bothered with third party anticheats.  Quite frankly, I would never even consider paying for one.  If you keep all of your files up-to-date and have knowledgeable admins on staff, you will still run into people that cheat but hopefully you can clean them up.  I have to hand it to my admin, they do a great job.  I spend a lot of time updating, as well as double-checking their work, and maybe this investment of time is something you'd rather avoid.  My point is, you don't need to pay for anticheats for your server--even if it's heavily populated.  

Cheers,

Jimmy

• Like 1

Id agree about TSW to be fair, it's a luxury and just speeds moderation up. It's not essential but it does save a lot of time and effort. I would just re-enforce HFB are a good host and I have no complaints so far.

Don't rely on TSW to stop scripters and it's teleporting detection is rather poor, It does however have some exellent other features.

It's worth the 10 Euros or something it costs :)

I am so glad I closed down my server I had three days ago and never publicly grand open for my DayZ community to join,  I gotta post this thread on my forum just for my community to be aware if something happen to them. 

Just an fyi, HFB is bigger then vilayer for dayz servers lol. Heck do a quick commander search for "HFB" and do one for "vilayer" there is twice as many branded HFB servers then there are vilayer. Yes not all servers are branded but it should be a good indication since vilayer charges for branding removal and HFB doesn't so naturally there would be more branded vilayer servers then un-branded. Also keep in mind HFB is the oldest dayz server host.

Just an fyi, HFB is bigger then vilayer for dayz servers lol. Heck do a quick commander search for "HFB" and do one for "vilayer" there is twice as many branded HFB servers then there are vilayer. Yes not all servers are branded but it should be a good indication since vilayer charges for branding removal and HFB doesn't so naturally there would be more branded vilayer servers then un-branded. Also keep in mind HFB is the oldest dayz server host.

Vilayer is a professional business though, HFB is ran by a couple of guys (very well though) part time.