iiWiiCkeD

Join server, then black loading screen HELP PLS

Hi, I've just started playing ARMA and DayZmod, but i am having trouble finding a server i can actually connect to.

I was able to connect to a few servers early on, but after a few days i couldn't connect to a single one, same problem every time. I launch the game, join a server that is not full, has got low ping, and is version 1.60.

When i'm inside, i press OK, and get to a loading screen. When it's done loading, the screen blinks a bit, then turns black, saying no more than "Loading", for all eternity. Sometimes it will say "Missing /somethingsomething/bin ETC.

Hoping for an early answer

- iiWiiCked

if yours is a steam copy. then try right click ArmA2:OA and "reinstall battleye blah blah blah"

When i do, i get: "!!!MISSING STRING"

What does that mean?..

Reinstalling battle eye won't work. There's a thousand threads on this already, but the common answer I've given, and what has worked for me, is to do this:

1. Get Arma II Beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

2. Open zip file and run the .exe to install the new patch.

3. Browse to /Program Files(x87)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/ and RENAME the existing arma2oa.exe.

4. Go to the /arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion/beta and copy the arma2oa.exe, then paste it into your /arma 2 operation arrowhead directory.

5. Launch steam, and click properties under Arma II: Operation Arrowhead. Choose Set Launch Options, and enter this: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

6. Run Arma II: Operation Arrowhead from steam once, and then use 6 launcher.

And that's it. I was able to get it to work using those. If this doesn't work, try clearing the caches for Arma II and Arma II: OA.

Best of luck guys!