Sign in to follow this  
commiedic (DayZ)

Can you server admins...

Please give an auto message like 5 min before restarts if possible. I know some of them say they restart every 8 hours, but me and my friends were new to a server and decided to take up camp in one that said that and we had some bad luck of setting up our tents and dropping our items out of our ATV's and backpacks right as they restarted with no initial warning.

We lost a lot of stuff and I spent most of the night raiding towns and military bases trying to recoup our losses.

I don't know if this is possible, but if it is it would be awesome.

We try to when possible (UK22) but like now for instance I've just had to reboot it without message. Currently not able to join the server and post a message and the RCON program was ignoring all messages sent so I had no way of actually telling anyone in the server.

I think most of us server owners want to be able to do something like this automatically.

I think most server owners already do this when possible in my own experience with the game. The thing is that there are times when the server is just seriously screwed up and they have no choice but to hit the reset button without warning to fix the issue. I'm not sure but I think this is more of an issue with ArmA 2 than with DayZ and is really out of the control of the server admins or Rocket.

We use Rcon and issuse warnings from 5 minutes, but sometimes Rcon can be a pain so ends up like the above POOF server gone.

I have the same issue as the other admins--sometimes I just can't get a message through. Other times I can only send one message through Rcon, have to quit it, restart it, send the next message to continue the countdown, etc.

To add to this, sometimes there are server crashes and a server is automatically rebooted. Can't announce for that either.

I make my server admins on us100/101 give at least 3 minutes in advance before a server restart. The only time this does not happen is because of a server crash.

I also try to give 5 minutes advanced warning but sometimes you just can't get a message out. You'd like to so people don't lose anything, but sometimes it's just not possible.