hedich

Barbwire really?

I vote for removing them completely and wiping all servers. They make the game COMPLETELY unplayable at the moment.

Yeah.

Then start an new with

TOOLBOX needed to place a wire.

Wire Cutters(common spawn tool) or toolbox to remove the wire.

REMOVED wire don't reappear on server restart.

How to fix the Barb wire problem.

1) decrease the spawn rate of barb wire.

2) Barb wire can only be place outside of structures and in dirt/grass only.

- Barb wire can be place on concrete, but requires sandbag structure on ether side to hold up wire.

3) making a barb wire fence should be a multi task,

A) hammer poles into the grounds, needs hammer or hatchet, makes noise while hammering.

B) thread or place barb wire, requires wire spool and tool kit, makes noise while working.

Al-thou it's possible for one player to still set up a barb wire fence, it would be far safer to do it as a group effort.

Hope this helps.

Don't know if this has been suggested but how about making barbed wire more effective (e.g. it actually keeps zombies out, or kills them when they cross it) and have it only last for 1 hour or something before it gets broken down. Resolves the griefing issue, don't have to decrease the spawn rate and they will be actually functional (both for bunkering yourself in against other players and zombies).

Or have indeed some wire cutter tool that's pretty common and gets rid of the wire fence permanently (as in the wire doesn't come back when the server restarts; last night I had to cut through 5(!?!?) wires before I could enter the barracks on NW AF).