Sign in to follow this  
roga123 (DayZ)

FPS in DayZ -- HELP

Recently, I bought my Arma 2 : Combined Operations to play DayZ, but my PC runs DayZ with 10 FPS. I have already tried everything.

I have an Asus Republic of Gamers : i7 2.2 GHz - win 7 64 bits - GTX 560M - 16 GB RAM.

I just can't understand why this is happening.

But it's 2.2GHZ.  Arma is different from many other games, it's very CPU intensive.  Having said that I'd expect you to be getting more than 10fps.

Edited by Fraggle

How do I run it with 20-40 FPS on i5-2450M @ 2.5 GHz and HD 6370M (64-bit!!!)? Your game settings, drivers, game configs - these are the mess.

• Like 1

How do I run it with 20-40 FPS on i5-2450M @ 2.5 GHz and HD 6370M (64-bit!!!)? Your game settings, drivers, game configs - these are the mess.

It's wierd, I've never had any issues and my rig is getting old now.  Some people with newer systems never get it working right.  Sadly Arma2 is just old and very badly optimised.

• Like 2

It's wierd, I've never had any issues and my rig is getting old now.  Some people with newer systems never get it working right.  Sadly Arma2 is just old and very badly optimised.

Yeah, disgustingly optimized, even worse with DayZ, because it does things the ARMA engine never intended to do. I know people with varying states of computers getting sputtering FPS unless they change their settings to a magical combination, even then they need to do the SHIFT + - "flush" quite regularly otherwise their FPS drops to about 4. Mine did that the other day on the outskirts of Elektro and I agrod a few zombies in my disorientated state. ended up getting infect and losing all my gear because of laughable optimizations. :(

But HEY! When the Stand Alone comes out it will certainly be better optimized than the mod!!

I've been messing with my settings for around 2 months until I got some results, it's all about understanding the ArmA engine architecture. Now I'm playing with high-rex textures, FXAA, post-processing and playable FPS. I could remove the game straight away but it was worth a try.