Sign in to follow this  
xRecklessRobx

Why do I lag in DayZ, but not in Arma II

I don't get it. I don't lag at all in Arma 2, and can run the game on high settings. Then when I go to play DayZ, I get like 15 to 20 frames per second, when I'm NOT in a big city. I've looked at all those Youtube videos that tell you have to increase your FPS in DayZ, but none of them helped, and I still lagged. Can someone tell me why this is?

DayZ has lots of zeds and loot on the server.

• Like 1

Desync, Zombies, Loot, Vehicles, lots of players, bad optimization.

Well...think...There's ONE difference between the two....could it possibly be that?

• Like 2

Well...think...There's ONE difference between the two....could it possibly be that?

Lag and FPS are different. If you're lagging, you have a bad connection displayed by high latency. If you have poor frames, it's because this mod is not optimized and requires lots of data processing, whereas Arma is a finished product.

I had luck by cranking the settings down (except resolution/3d objects). Not rendering textures from as far away has given me a great boost in frames. Unfortunately, you just have to play around with it and wait for a better performance from SA (hopefully).