Sign in to follow this  
Gamejebus

"Waiting for character to create" error

So I recently downloaded this mod, I followed multiple guides to catch watch I was doing wrong and I found nothing, I did everything right (To my knowledge) but clearly I have overlooked something. I join a Dayz server and everything loads fine, no errors, virtually perfect, then after everything loads (After picking survivor, clicking "Ok") it sends me back to the server search with no errors except some smoky text saying "Waiting for character to create" and nothing happens! I know i'm not the only one with this problem, I would love if someone could reply to me with a suggestion or solution.

P.S I use the Steam version and run Combined Operations (Just to clear a couple extra details up)

P.P.S I attached a photo of the error message

Yer i have the same problem been over and over the installation process just to make sure i havent missed anything.

whatever server i attempt to join after recieving data ill return straight to server lobby and the same message is greyed out it seems behind the server list.

No idea how to fix this but havent been able to play DayZ Mod once :(

same please help I just bought this stupid game for this mod _-_

This is the same problem I have. It finishes receiving data and then kicks me back to the server browser with "waiting for character to create" in the background. I also don't have any issues joining regular ARMA servers so its definitely a dayz related issue.

I bought the game yesterday only for this mod too, and i had that problem too. Looking on the internet it seems that afflicts only people that never used the game before, so i tried a few things, and i managed to get into a server! =)+

Here's what i did:

1)Download the file you find here: http://www.battleye.com/download.html

and put it in a folder named "BattlEye" in arma op arrowhead folder.

2)Then launch the game WITHOUT the mod, join and server and play for a few seconds.

3)Quit, launch the game WITH the mod, and it should work!

@Strech: Yea that worked for me minus the battleye part. I just joined an arma 2 OA server. Waited for a few seconds and then went back in dayz. Worked. Except im waiting for server response now.

@Strech: Yea that worked for me minus the battleye part. I just joined an arma 2 OA server. Waited for a few seconds and then went back in dayz. Worked. Except im waiting for server response now.

I can confirm this works. Thanks man.

1st

does it have to an online server in OA to get this result or can you just play the offline single player, that is what i did and it still does not work.

2nd

is it to late to join a online OA server and go back to DAYZ for letting this work or do i have to reinstall them for this trick to work.

please help