Aroni

Getting a new PC and player profile

I'm currently waiting on a new rig arriving and want to make sure I grab the right files for my Arma2 profile to transfer onto the new machine. I play alot on Dayz Origins and to be honest I'm not sure how the profile works (for obivous reasons I want to play on my current profile on the new machine that has my houses etc) and after abit of searching didn't seem to turn up anything overly useful. So anyone know what files / folders I need to pull into my new Arma2 install. Thanks in advance, Aroni

So you mean you just want to keep playing as Normal on the same character etc

All you need to do is install steam again and type in your steam username and password and re download arma 2 and the mod ( which should be free on the same steam account)

That's all I did when I recently bought a new computer

If for some reason you don't have a steam version of the game I have no idea

As Long as you use the same ARMA II CD key there shouldn't be any problems. Just install ARMAII and Origins and it should be fine.

Your profile is tied to your player ID/GUID, It won't change by changing machines :)

If you want the same ArmA 2 control settings, saved games, etc, you can copy the "ArmA 2" and "ArmA 2 Other Profiles" folders from "My Documents".

Ah I was hoping it would simply be linked to my GUID and yes I did buy Arma2 through steam so hopefully it won't be a problem then. Thank you very much for the help looking forward to playing on my new computer! Now I just have to wait impatiently for it to arrive and install everything with my terrible internet first woohoo!