Sign in to follow this  
Invrlose

Went into elektro with headphones on... Never again.

So I went into elektro today with headphones on. Scariest experience ever. Every single little noise makes you extremely paranoid. And when I was trying to abort I could hear the zombies getting extremely close and it was probably the most nerve-racking experience I have had so far on this game.

The server I was on only had 3 people, but I've been sniped on a server with 3 people before -_- so that just added to the tension.

Edit: the reason I was in elektro was because I am completely out of bandages which made my problem even WORSE. One hit from a zed could easily end my game right now.

Edited by Invrlose

As a person playing in first person I couldn't play without headphones. In cities they are godly. Life has been saved many times by 3D sound.

Edited by Trizzo

As a person playing in first person I couldn't play without headphones. In cities they are godly. Life has been saved many times by 3D sound.

How do you not get paranoid and terrified? I heard zombies walking and always thought it was another survivor.

Zombies are slower sounding in their footsteps, footsteps of players are usally quick because most people crouch walk and run in cities.

If you want to know if a player is inside a building just wait and listen. You will hear them. Very few ways to be unheard indoors. It's the outside you have to worry about! Players in appartments/pubc/schools can be easily heard from the outside.

And if you flee from paraonia and terror you will never master it.

Edited by Trizzo

Zombies are slower sounding in their footsteps, footsteps of players are usally quick because most people crouch walk and run in cities.

If you want to know if a player is inside a building just wait and listen. You will hear them. Very few ways to be unheard indoors. It's the outside you have to worry about! Players in appartments/pubc/schools can be easily heard from the outside.

And if you flee from paraonia and terror you will never master it.

You run in citys? I walk as much as I can, it adds to the realism.

You run in citys? I walk as much as I can, it adds to the realism.

No. I never have a set way to move around. A problem with DayZ mod is there is no tactical pace and walking slowly in an urban enviroment often isn't a good idea.

When a good marksman or sniper is smashing Electro from the hills moving quickly from cover to cover is better than creeping around. Especially if you cross a shooters line of fire.

Indoors it is better to walk slowly ready to fire from the sights, rather than charging headlong into a narrow arc of fire. It all depends. There is no right or wrong way to move, just better ways for a given situation.

Edited by Trizzo

I always used headphones as well, it was diabolical at first, but it sure helps a lot, that the outside noise is not present, and you can just concentrate on the game sound. Then one time I just switched to my laptop speakers (forgot my headphones somewhere if I remember correctly) and I was in Cherno.

Now THAT was real paranoia. Every sound sounded different, sometimes I mistook my own breathing for that of a zombies or gunshots (!) fired far away. And the zombie sounds were somehow really loud.

In my opinion I really like hearing what sounds are coming from so thats why I like having headphones for directional hearing.