Sign in to follow this  
Akyho

Melee stories-Getting up close and personal.

Since the new implementation of melee weapons, I am interested on hearing peoples story's of surviving with just an axe.

I myself was surviving with a hatchet for a while, until I came across an airport. I knew good stuff was there...except a sniper was on the control tower keeping an eye out. I kept low until my time to move came.

I was sure he had left and saw a one or two other people running around scared from zombies with no weapons. Saw no one so I explored the control tower, nothing of course it had been looted needed to check.

I come down and start carefully walking into a hangar hatchet ready to swing, its all quiet. I see something shuffle underneath a body "A person?"

It was, he shuffled prone a little I look at him what felt like a minute I was about to open my mouth and talk on voice chat saying "Hey Bro, Ill leave you if you leave me....ok?" before I could say that. BLAM BLAM BLAM!! pistol shots up the side of body. He started reloading.

I ran at him axe in hand and strafed around him hacking away at his body and head. He got a few more shots into me as I kept hacking. All the time on the voice chat I am shouting at him.

"Didn't need to come to this bro! I was gonna leave you man! This is your fault Bro! I didn't wanna do this!" As he flopped over I continued saying him "Shouldn't have shot man...you'd be alive man! YOU HEAR ME!!"

Out of rage and to make sure he wasn't just unconscious I hacked at his still bleeding body to make sure he wasn't going to get up.

Any one else have some melee stories to share?

God I want to see a recording of this! haha epic story! havn't played much since the patch but I'll def share if something like this happens.

Today I have another tale of melee.

In the middle of trying to find friends after spawn. I found a hatchet and the world seemed so much better. 20 odd minutes of running by the coast.

Bang! A shot...missed...I moved..bang!!! missed again. I look to my left keep moving, I spot him prone on a very very small hill 1 minute run. I then duck and hit behind a small hill...I then decided something. "I have an axe! I am not going to just lay down and take this!!!"

So I jumped up and weaved towards him as he shot, he only had a pistol. I am now shouting on voice chat, "You made a mistake mate! Am coming to get you!" he shoots misses, saw him reload and just ran straight for him. I shout "Should have just left me and let me walk past! I didnt see you! Your dead now!" He got up and ran.

I chased him down axe in hand. He would spin round, fire off a few shots missing as usual.

"You made a big mistake!! Im going to kill you mate!! Your balls are mine!! I am going to eat them!!!!!! You stupid idiot!!!" I hit him a few times, then we came to a town full of zombies,

"You have a choice now boy!! Me or the zombies!! either way one of us is going to eat your corpse!! YOUR HEAD IS MINE!!!" so he does a U turn.

So now I am chasing him...and zombies are chasing me. "You could have just left me! but no! Your dead now mate!!!" He spins round and shoots missed, I get a few hits into him. He is now bleeding, he spins then shoots, hits me twice. I am now bleeding. However I am still running for him. He spins round I hit him twice and he hits me twice.

I fall down dead. However I saw him fall down dead as well! Bleeding out and zombies wouldn't have helped him.

So he didn't profit. Think its time put it down that pistol vs hatchet dosnt work out as nicely for the pistol wielder as they may hope.

I love these little story's! Reading what you call out over voice chat cracks me up. Please, please start recording your play time in case something like this happens again, I'd love to be able to watch that shit!

Well,I prefer my DRM and G17,but I know to use axes sometimes for silence kills:D

Also,I wouldn't have missed you like that newbie xD

My best experiences with the hatchet were during the update that introduced them, when they essentially "Fus 'Ro Dah"'d people into the sky. Fucking hilarious.

One of the most amusing moments must have been while I was meandering along the coastline, firmly gripping my blood-smothered axe in my hands. I noticed a new-spawn creeping up on Kamenka and decided to give him a nasty surprise; I snuck right up behind him unnoticed and flung him to the other side of the map, he was clearly displeased as he wrote "I wish you cancer" in side chat. Oh, my sides... so bloody funny.

I proceeded to enter the town, noticing a pair of survivors being mobbed by some zombies. I swiftly rushed to their rescue, butchering the zombies, sending them straight into the hemosphere.

They thanked me and one of them asked me to pass my axe to them.

Hell, I fulfilled his request, let's just say that. ;)

I just had an experience in an Elektro market today.

I had been in Elektro earlier when I got sniped by a bandit while trying to loot some apartments for supplies. I respawn again right outside Elektro and decide to try and take another trip into town to gather supplies. This time I decided to round the coast and move in close behind the church first.

As I carefully crouch around the corner of the church, I realize that I had attracted some unwanted attention, as 2 zeds were barreling toward me. I quickly huddle inside the church, grabbing up any sodas and canned foods I could find. Just then I see them, 2 walkers slowly entering the church as I sit behind the pulpit. Catching my breath I slowly crawl from the pulpit to their left flank, using the pews as a natural barrier. As they stumbled around sniffing me out, I was finally able to get behind them and stealthily slip out the front of the church closing the doors behind them. I briefly look back and forth to see if I had attracted any more attention and move on to several apartment buildings where I was able to find matches, a hatchet, a knife, 2 canteens, foodstuffs, and soda.

Backpack brimming with gear, I then made my way to the nearby market where I was sure I was going to finally get a weapon of some sort for extra defense. As I enter though, I realize that I am not going to find much beyond some ammo and more beans, but I carefully move to the back of the common area of the market just to make sure. I then come upon what at first was a dead survivor in a gillie suit. Closer inspection showed that he had nothing on his person and was on his side looking very much dead. I begin to turn around to head to the back room when, to my horror, the once dead guy in the corner came very much to life, (possibly had signed out of the game in that spot on another server, and decided to log into another server). I stood there silently for what felt like ages trying to decide what to do as he hadn’t spotted me yet (I was literally 4 feet to his left side and he was lying prone looking out to the front of the store). I knew if I had tried to make a run for it, he would have probably mowed me down with his Colt, so I could think of no other option than to quietly take him out.

Now, I am not one who shoots first and asks questions later, but saying that not 15 minutes prior, I was taken out by an unknown assailant in the same town, odds were that this guy was either the same bandit or yet another bandit willing to take the franks & beans I had worked so hard to acquire.

I slowly moved closer to him and after pausing for another 5 seconds to confirm what I was about to do, I buried the blade of my axe deep within his pituitary gland… Just to ensure that he wasn’t just passed out, I gave him another firm whack (remember the double tap law from Zombieland) and it was over. I had really wished that there was some other way, but odds were against me walking out of that building alive unless I took him out first.

I was able to recover a crossbow, colt 1911, an Alice pack, blood, meds, and an mp5 for my trouble. I then quietly slipped out of town and headed north for the hills where I was then able to score some Wild Boar meat for my next meal.