Zombietastic

Does anyone get chills..

psh, thats not scary. what gives me creeps is when you on a server and something says "i see you.." xD

The creepiest times I have had were when I was in a building with a couple zombies around it at night and knowing that a player might be out there as well, waiting for me to exit ("Was that a player's footsteps?!?!? or a zombie?!?!?! Is there someone in this building with me?!? FUCK HURRY, I need to get the fuck out of here!"). It's the anticipation of an eminent and quick death that frightened me. It made me want to take bizarre routes to certain buildings so that I could scope it out effectively. Now I just try to get into it without dying from zombies... :(

Yes I will never forget the first time I killed another player, he was creeping up the stairs inside Devils castle. He didn't know I was inside waiting for him as I heard footsteps slowly getting closer my heart was beating and I was terrified, Ive never felt emotion like that from a video game before.

There where thoughts going through my head like "I dont want to kill this person but I do not wish to die" from my positioning I was able to sight him before he sighted me and when he came into view instinct took over and I emptied my pistol into the side of his head.

The zombies in DayZ really don't scare me at all; even at night. Their visual appearance, the way they move around, and the way they sound just doesn't seem horrific at all to me.

Then again, that isn't really a big issue. The game is primarily about survival, not horror.

Yes I will never forget the first time I killed another player' date=' he was creeping up the stairs inside Devils castle. He didn't know I was inside waiting for him as I heard footsteps slowly getting closer my heart was beating and I was terrified, Ive never felt emotion like that from a video game before.

There where thoughts going through my head like "I dont want to kill this person but I do not wish to die" from my positioning I was able to sight him before he sighted me and when he came into view instinct took over and I emptied my pistol into the side of his head.

[/quote']

Exactly! Before the 1.7.1, running into other players was nerve wracking. Now, I don't really care much, since I know I will be dead soon anyway.

I had a few occasions where I jumped or got freaked out. Last night I was inside the store at Krasno after I had just got done killing a bunch of zombies with my crossbow when I started hearing something crawling up to the building. I didnt hear any noise except for the crawling sound. No groaning no breathing no nothing so I had no idea whether it was a player or a zombie. So needless to say I could feel my heart rate go up and my legs started shaking like they always do when I get really really nervous. I saw the door open up and a zombie started crawling inside. I was quite relieved when that happened.

On another occasion I was running to the deer stand west of Krasno when I just remembered there is a building that is usually in my path on my way there. It was dark out so I couldnt see anything. I opened my map and set a waypoint on the building to see how far it was when I noticed it was 35 meters away from me. At that moment I just said "awww fuck!" Not even after a second of me saying that I saw 3 zombies running toward me about to nom on my face. Needless to say I freaked out, screamed like a little girl and ran to the house right next to the deer stand where I killed them all with my crossbow.

That was just last night let alone the many other times where I get caught by surprise by zombies out in the middle of nowhere by little sheds and whatnot.

LOL xD!!!!!!!!!! thanks for replying everyone, it was fun reading your replies. ! I hope I find you one day and hunt you down with a silent cross bow xD