Sign in to follow this  
Buckit (DayZ)

Blood splatter on clothes to tell humanity?

I got this idea after I was killed by a person with a survivor skin who turned out to be a hardcore bandit. Whenever a survivor kills another survivor or hero, they get a blood splatter on their clothes and look dirtier. The more you kill survivors and heroes, the more blood shows up, until you eventually get the bandit skin. But even then, you could see how evil the bandit it by looking at the blood. This would make encounters with players much easier since you know if you're about to talk to a serial killer. Thoughts?

Nah. Tbh I don't even like the whole bandit, survivor, and hero skin thing. I'm glad they won't have it in SA. I think it would be cool if your character got blood on him/her if he/she shot a player or zombie close enough that blood got onto them. However I'm not a fan of the idea that your character collects blood on them so you can tell their humanity.

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 1

But then SA s just going to be Shoot on sight. Wheres the fun in that?

as against KoS as i am, the standalone will have enough features to keep people occupied and to not shoot each other. they're trying their best so that people interact with each other as much as possible, whether that be positive (helping people) neutral (trading items) or negative (a conflict of some form). i'm really hoping that this will eliminate most KoS however there will always be cod kiddies around to ruin things and just kill everyone they see on sight because they are #MLGPR0SCOPEZZZZ, but i don't really mind too much as long as it's not like the mod where 95% of people will shoot anyone they see. any reduction from that is an improvement imo.

Nah. Tbh I don't even like the whole bandit, survivor, and hero skin thing. I'm glad they won't have it in SA. I think it would be cool if your character got blood on him/her if he/she shot a player or zombie close enough that blood got onto them. However I'm not a fan of the idea that your character collects blood on them so you can tell their humanity.

This... you find someone spattered with blood.. your deciding they are really nasty so you off them. when in actual fact that person had just been ambushed by 3 bandits and walked away...rinse and repeat

• Like 1

No, immersion breaker! If I killed a bandit and picked up the clothes, how is the blood magically wiped off?

I think we should embrace the bandit aspect of humanity, even give them rewards for doing it, just make it a high-risk, high-reward scenario. Add in a deadly virus that has a chance of being contracted whenever you loot a player body, increase that chance for those players the server deems "bandits," then go from there.

I did a big write-up in my quote down there.

Blood splatters from hundreds of meters away ...

:lol:

any random rule that gives an indication to the particular dispoistion of a player is a bad idea. People need to judge players by observation, recon and their behavior. In context of DayZ anything other than observation comes dangerously close to a class system, these rules are a detriment to dayz.

Edited by Trizzo

dean said they will play around with blood splatter facial expressions dirt. stuff like that. no point in posting suggestions that are already talked about.

• Like 1

It probably won't just be shoot on sight, or at least not in the alpha because the people who buy the alpha will mostly be people who are really dedicated to the game. And if it is shoot on sight, so what? They won't have a ridiculous amount of sniper rifles and assault rifles anymore, so it's not like anyone will be at too huge of a disadvantage unless a bandit gets really lucky and happens to find one of these rare weapons.

And honestly if you hate the whole shoot on sight stuff, this really isn't a game for you. You can either stop playing, whine about having to go solo, or get some friends to buy the game and play with them. Even just one other person can help out with this player to player encounters that usually end in gunshots.

Also, whenever I've played the mod, I've usually been able to encounter people who, if you just type into direct chat that you are friendly as you are hiding behind a wall, they will stop shooting at you or just not shoot at you at all.

Yeah, bad people IRL wear eye-patches :D

In all seriousness, you shouldn't be able to tell if someone is "good" / "evil" just by looking at them.

They should turn into pirates and be forced to use cutlasses! Also they should get a parrot on their shoulder that talks all the time!

You mean something like this?

http://1.bp.blogspot...n-psycho-03.jpg

I am not sure about this. I suggested something like this once. I think it the blood should only appear if you have VERY low humanity.

Edited by harley001