Sign in to follow this  
Slpy

Another "\z\addons\dayz_code\gui\loadingscreen.paa not found" topic.

Sup,

so I got the same problem a lot of people seem to have, when I'm trying to connect to a server, I get the message

\z\addons\dayz_code\gui\loadingscreen.paa not found

I did a bit of research, via google, this forum right here, dayzcommander and whatnot, and nothing provided a fix up to now.

I didn't play DayZ for about 4 months, and after a friend asked me to, I tried to join one of his Servers, running Namalsk.

Basically what I did is the following, in that order:

Uninstall everything.

Download and install ArmA 2 via Steam.

Download and install ArmA 2:OA via Steam.

Run both games once.

Launch DayZ Commander, download and install the latest ArmA 2 Patch (103718).

Run both games once, again.

Download and install DayZ (1.7.7.1) via DayZ Commander.

Download and install Namalsk (0.741) via DayZ Commander.

Connect to Server via DayZ Commander.

I end up getting into the "Multiplayer Setup Lobby", press "Okay", get a loading screen, then see the Lobby again with the message about me missing that picture, if I press "Okay" again I get stuck in the loading screen like many others and can only kill the process via my task manager.

One weird thing is, when I connect to the server, before the MP Lobby appears, I do have the DayZ Logo as a loading screen.

I am able to connect to another private Server of his, running the regular Chernarus DayZ, and it worked out fine.

I did all kinds of things to try and fix this, and seeing how some people think this problem might not be client related but patch related, I have to say I feel that way as well, or it might be server related, although I naturally can't say for sure.

I'd be glad for more hints as to how to fix or circumvent this problem and if anything to fix this comes up on my part I'll update this thread for any other players having the same problem and seeing how I already messaged my friend about it I'll hopefully be able to at least give some info on the thesis if it's server related.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Slpy

Slight update:

We tried to the "fix" where the files are edited server side, taking out the line of script pointing to the wrong directory for the loading screen image.

It didn't work.

I then read on the Namalsk website that their latest version is compatible with DayZ 1.7.6.1, so I downgraded to that version, I was now missing different .pbo files. A friend of mine, who can play there, sent those to me, but it did not help either, upgrading to the latest 1.7.7.1 resulted in the initial error message.

So if anyone is having those problems, I hope this brings some clarity even if it's not a fix or even good news.

Regards,

Slpy

Edited by Slpy

You can't play Namalsk with with DayZ v1.7.7.1 files. You have to downgrade completely ... unfortunately AFAIR the downgrade option is not as simple as using DayZ Commander and saying, download this version. I think you have to delete the entire @DayZ folder and related folders and then then tell DayZ Commander to download version 1.7.6.1.

Some players I know, have two DayZ Folders and related folders ... and they use a little batch script to rename them based on the version of the game they want to play.

Thanks for the advice, that definitely sounds plausible.

The thing that irritates me is, that a friend of mine has DayZ version 1.7.7.1 and is able to play on that Namalsk Server.

I will give it a try later on and report on the outcome as it might help others to clear things up.

Seems like those mods work differently for a lot of people, and here I thought it might get easier, silly me :D