vdub31905

My rig and major cities

So I thought my rig would run dayz really good even in major cities but for some reason I still lag pretty bad. Here is my current setup:

- x2 7850 HD 1.5 gigs each.

-Quad core 4.2ghz.

-16 gigs of RAM.

-WD 400 gig HD

-Crosshair V Formula Z MOBO

I have latest vid drivers and latest BIOS for my mobo...any pointers would be great.

That is really odd, I have seen much lower end computers run Arma/DayZ smooth as day. I don't know much about hardware but, I am curious how much did that rig cost?

dont worry everyone has that. ( most of the time )

its the engine that is bad coded.

Edited by NozRee

What kind of quad core, and are you sure your second GPU is enabled?

That is really odd, I have seen much lower end computers run Arma/DayZ smooth as day. I don't know much about hardware but, I am curious how much did that rig cost?

around $1300 but it is also water cooled....going to OC the CPU.

What kind of quad core, and are you sure your second GPU is enabled?

AMD FX 4170, and no it has nothing to do with it being bulldozer. Yes I am 100% sure both GPUS are going. It is super frustrating when I have eerything dropped to low and turned off and I still get as much lag as I do in major cities.

It may be the server if it's a custom server it may have alot of extra buildings,vehicles,weapons that may lag your pc

Well lol funny thing about that is its my server =P and there are 2 addons right now....debug and self blood bag. Even before the addons it was the same thing.

I have 32gb 1866 ram, 3 x gtx 670 4gb, i7 3770k @ 4.5ghtz and I still only get 35 fps in big cities

So I thought my rig would run dayz really good even in major cities but for some reason I still lag pretty bad. Here is my current setup:

- x2 7850 HD 1.5 gigs each.

-Quad core 4.2ghz.

-16 gigs of RAM.

-WD 400 gig HD

-Crosshair V Formula Z MOBO

I have latest vid drivers and latest BIOS for my mobo...any pointers would be great.

you never said how many FPS you are getting.

Also, what do people do with 32GB of RAM? Can any game even utilize half that amount of RAM?

you never said how many FPS you are getting.

Also, what do people do with 32GB of RAM? Can any game even utilize half that amount of RAM?

Video editing, game designing, server build pc...etc tons of things u can do with 32gigs.

Do me a big favor, take a screen shot of your Dayz Commander settings tab(fullscreened) and then take a screen shot of your in-game settings.

There's something about arma 2 that makes it so unique. People say it's "poorly optimized" and "bad engine", but that isn't true at all. Everything you see and do in Dayz requires a PBO file. A pbo file is a file that contains an image that must be indexed by the HDD. Dayz unlike Arma 2 requires alot more PBO files, in some servers up to 500. How fast can a HDD move 500 files in 2 mins compared to a SSD that's 520R/500W? have you ever notice the Fps in the start is actually faster, then u feel as if it starts to drop? thats because ur CPU is starting to bottleneck the HDD for the indexed information. Even though your CPU shouldn't bottle neck on the HDD, the HDD just isn't giving the processor the indexed data fast enough for the processor to do it's job so it could then hand it off to the GPU, then, gets tossed to the RAM Gremlins. thats basically how arma 2 works, SSD+3.9GHZ 4core cpu+GTX-660ti+24GigsRAM=happy mother fing camper (not bragging here but this is to everyone who says arma is poorly optimized, in Cherno on chernarus, with 39 people playing, 7 of which are in Cherno i get 76fps average.) u really want your true fps stand 100m away from a rock or tree and zoom in on it, thats your true fps

and another thing Fps issues are gonna be a thing of the past when stand alone releases. it's designed for lower end pcs but higher end pcs benefit the most in terms of fps and quality. so just wait for DayZ Standalone

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

Video editing, game designing, server build pc...etc tons of things u can do with 32gigs.

Do me a big favor, take a screen shot of your Dayz Commander settings tab(fullscreened) and then take a screen shot of your in-game settings.

There's something about arma 2 that makes it so unique. People say it's "poorly optimized" and "bad engine", but that isn't true at all. Everything you see and do in Dayz requires a PBO file. A pbo file is a file that contains an image that must be indexed by the HDD. Dayz unlike Arma 2 requires alot more PBO files, in some servers up to 500. How fast can a HDD move 500 files in 2 mins compared to a SSD that's 520R/500W? have you ever notice the Fps in the start is actually faster, then u feel as if it starts to drop? thats because ur CPU is starting to bottleneck the HDD for the indexed information. Even though your CPU shouldn't bottle neck on the HDD, the HDD just isn't giving the processor the indexed data fast enough for the processor to do it's job so it could then hand it off to the GPU, then, gets tossed to the RAM Gremlins. thats basically how arma 2 works, SSD+3.9GHZ 4core cpu+GTX-660ti+24GigsRAM=happy mother fing camper (not bragging here but this is to everyone who says arma is poorly optimized, in Cherno on chernarus, with 39 people playing, 7 of which are in Cherno i get 76fps average.) u really want your true fps stand 100m away from a rock or tree and zoom in on it, thats your true fps

and another thing Fps issues are gonna be a thing of the past when stand alone releases. it's designed for lower end pcs but higher end pcs benefit the most in terms of fps and quality. so just wait for DayZ Standalone

Yea man I had a hunch the HDD had alot to do with it ....or it would def help to have an SSD but anywho I will get those screen shots for you when I get off work.

True, and although I knew that, i appreciate the quality answer, nonetheless. I just can't figure why people who only game and surf the web would have that much ram. That's why I made a game reference in my question, but I should have been more clear.

I hope what you are saying about the Standalone is also true about Arma 3

Here is a link to the screen shots you guys requested

http://imgur.com/bUN0GTe - dayz commander

Ok for some reason I cant get a screen shot of dayz settings but every thing is on low, vid mem is default, shadows are off, Anis filt is off, Post proc is off, PPAA and ATOC are off, and my res is set at 1920x1080.

Hope that is enough info for you guys.

check direct 3d 9 box, check Close dayz commander (after joining a server) Dayz commander has over 6.800 servers, every 6 mins it refreashes, the time it takes to refreash all the server takes 4 mins. if that thing isn't closed when u play dayz, your bandwidth is being totally wrecked by dayz commander, massive lag.

Startup parameters(additional Launch parameters) should have these, i took your cpu into consideration so copy and paste all of it do not leave any of the text out or do any spacing.

"-Winxp" "-Maxmem=2047" "-World=empty" "-Nosplash" "-CpuCount=4"

im kinda contradicting myself for years for saying this but actually having a lower 3D res actually gives u more overall fps, try dropping the 3d res to 1600x900

im kinda contradicting myself for years for saying this but actually having a lower 3D res actually gives u more overall fps, try dropping the 3d res to 1600x900

I will try everything you listed...thanks for the help!

to take a screen shot of ingame i just use fraps. i'll take a shot of mine and put them to what they should be for you. ok :)

http://i.imgur.com/I7UgTAj.png

Notice how texture and object detail are the same. always keep them the same, it's just weird to have one on low and other on high, like cars, the case of the car will look nice if object detail is very high, but if texture detail is low then the gauges and numbers, fonts and stuff look like shit. they have hardly any fps impact the terrian and shadow detail are the highest out of all the settings. Antialasing has 2 formats ati is :low-very high nvidia is 5-8 keep inmind your control panel settings for your graphic card have a huge toll on what happens, match the settings in your nvidia control panel to the settings in-game. recently nvidia released a update for their 500 series up with a software that called GeForce experience. arma 2 oa is in the list of games to have the system best optimized for the card(s) you are useing.... keep that in mind.

O and vsync should be shot in the face

O and its always a good thing to tinker around with the settings useing fraps, find a server u dont care about join and look into the trees and start changing settings and record the best average fps u get with certain setups, because, there are those days when u want straight up nice graphics, and others u don't give a damn, u just want to hunt. and servers also have a high impact too, if its a cheap server, your fps is gonna be crap no matter what you do. make sure to find servers, just look around and look for servers to see how well it runs, if it seems good for the first hour or less then u got a good server.

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz