Sign in to follow this  
DarkOverlord

The average life of an 1.7.1.4 Zombie

It's too damn easy to aggro an entire CITY'S worth of zombies. The zombie count, I noticed, was reduced with 1.7.1.4 but the ease of these guys making a mad dash for you is just bonkers.

I enjoy everything that was improved upon with these zombies; however, the running or the superpowers needs to be toned down. I can deal with zombies easily. It's just being bloody overwhelmed by them that I can't.

I just died in Elektro's Fire Station because, every time I walked out, 5 or more zombies were attracted to me regardless of what position I moved with. This was while I was trying to help an unarmed player to boot.

It wasn't until a bloody bandit shot me in the head while I was trying to defend myself from zombies that I was able to get away.

This isn't increasing player interaction. It's just an overwhelming mess.

Rocket, if you read this, please make it a priority to fix the zombie in some manner. I don't mind everything else as it is actually enjoyable. I just don't want to be 100 yards from a town and see streets become black with the bodies of the undead from all across town.

The new zombies and mechanics have forced players to begin kiting zombies. Instead of sneaking around, people just full out run, grab all the aggro, find something to run around and then lose it. This ruins the game.

There is no point in trying to sneak anymore - it is almost impossible anyways. And since it is now possible to lose aggro, who cares if you get it.

This is a serious mechanic conflict.

The new zombies and mechanics have forced players to begin kiting zombies. Instead of sneaking around' date=' people just full out run, grab all the aggro, find something to run around and then lose it. This ruins the game.

There is no point in trying to sneak anymore - it is almost impossible anyways. And since it is now possible to lose aggro, who cares if you get it.

This is a serious mechanic conflict.

[/quote']

It's not necessarily a mechanic conflict. We should both have the option to sneak passed and ditch zombies.

With this said, it is a conflict of interest with how the Zombies are right now. They run too fast to be ditched in a realistic manner, can see through build and can possibly have astounding hearing even though sound is down to the minimum.

Rocket needs to use what you've written here for sure.

I detect faint traces of sarcasm?

ear are some observations. I worked on sneaking about even though it sucked. The crouch seems to give off far more noise and the Zombies seem to see me from the other side of buildings when I go to crouch to enter buildings. I do this because of other issues with entering buildings while trying to crawl.

I did notice if you crouch/walk it doesn't draw as often. But, the range they agro at is closer to three to four times what it use to be. And, even when I am in a building and lay down NOT in veiw of the zombie they still rush in and attack. *sighs*

So, yes it seems the train gang method is the way most people are going to go to get to a location as you run through a building and hide around a corner and poof agro gone.

Also, they seem to run faster as I can hardle loose them in a full out run standing up. Additionally I slow down on uphill the zombies don't *frowns*

That's it for my add to the zombie boost. *grins*