Sign in to follow this  
despair (DayZ)

Too hard trying to find your friends

me and my friend wasted many hours just trying to find each other. we're using an external map http://dayzdb.com/map but doesn't help at all. theres so many spawning points that its impossible to find each other. the only landmark that we can recognize is the lighthouse on the high ground, and we have to get lucky to spawn near it. ive only met my friend once. we continue to waste hours trying to find each other. starting to give up this game if we cant paly with each other

Your current location will be displayed for maybe 2 seconds in the lower right part of the screen when u spawn. Just work your way from there.

I think a good implementation would be some sort of squad system to track buddies easily. It would also prevent friendly fire if you know where you friends are.

It's really not hard at all if you're using an external map. Just find the nearest town, look at a signpost, and work out where you are on the map.

The more you play the game, the less you'll even need to look at a map.

I miss the global chat. If you're not on teamspeak, and instead are using direct communication, you can't meet up with your group again if you're dead or get lost.

I miss the global chat. If you're not on teamspeak' date=' and using direct communication, you can't meet up with your group again if you're dead or get lost.

[/quote']

So....use teamspeak.

You have FRIENDS in a survival horror game...

Something seems off. I'd be shooting my friends in the face.

Once you get used to the area then it is a cinch to find friends. Maybe use roads to find friends, easiest thing to do also is to look at town signs to know where you are and most likely one of those towns has a church in it which is also shown on the map.

In a nutshell keep playing, and find a compass ;P

It is a steep learning curve, but once you get familiar with the map, navigating is not so difficult. I get confused briefly sometimes, but then I just look for towns and read the signs leading into the town to get my bearings.

i always thought of this as a game in iteslf.

find your mates. it is tough but adds a new layer to the game. nothing is easy when everything goes to shit. imagine trying to find your mates if the phone networks went down.

get organsied. have a place to meet if one of your party gets killed, then all head there when it inevitably happens. find a way!

i always thought of this as a game in iteslf.

find your mates. it is tough but adds a new layer to the game. nothing is easy when everything goes to shit. imagine trying to find your mates if the phone networks went down.

get organsied. have a place to meet if one of your party gets killed' date=' then all head there when it inevitably happens. find a way!

[/quote']

Exactly. Finding friends in-game is all part of the experience and really adds to the sense of immersion.

My vote goes to allowing you to spawn in with friends. The vast majority of every evening is spent try to find each other. Often we don't manage. I want to actually spend some time in game with them for a change.