Sign in to follow this  
noojo

dayz crashes my computer when loading server

As said in the title my dayz makes my computer freeze up totaly when i try to join a server.

and its is getting worse.

ussually it crashed my comp 2 out of 5 times when loading in a sever, now its seems to crash all the time.

i tried reinstalling the whole game, but it still crashes.

btw i dont have this problem with any other game, or when i play arma 2 singleplayer.

it works just fine then.

any of u guys have any idea what this is all about?

plzz help out a poor bambi with comp problems!

Few things i'd try first:

Make sure you are using the 103718 arma 2 beta patch as the newer ones can cause problems.

If using steam verify the integrity of your game files. https://support.stea...=2037-QEUH-3335, do this for Arma2, Arma2:operation arrowhead, DayZ and any arma dlc you might have such as Private military company(PMC) or British armed Forces(BAF).

could be worth uninstalling any dlc just to eliminate them from the problem.

It could be that you have too many background programs running overloading your cpu, try shutting down everything you dont need to play the game such as your browser or skype, steam etc

What are your pc specs?

Also make sure your graphics driver is up to date.

Edited by Fluxley

Thx for your reply m8. But i am afraid i already tried all those options

I just bought a new morherboard and cpu with new ddr 3 ram, incidentally i had to reinstall windows because of the hardware change so.......

If it wont work after everything is installed im gonna be a sad bambi

Tbh if i had to guess id say its a hardware problem since i can hardly find anything about this on the internet and the stuff i did find had to do with overheating of the cpu

Let u know how it goes

yes i found a fix for this!!!!

all you need to do is buy a new computer, do a fresh windows install and dayz install...and it will work!!

well for the people hAVING THE SAME THING I HAD...FOR ME IT WAS A HARDWARE PROBLEM MOST LIKELY.

dont know why that last bit is caps but i cant be bothered to type it over.

byebye

Well glad you got sorted, shame it was the expensive way.