Sign in to follow this  
Dagwood

Bullet proof bushes

Got into a fire fight with an m24-toting bandit yesterday. I had m16 acog. I was in the fortified position (factory) and he had to come down a fairly exposed hillside to approach me. So I played the waiting game. But when I finally caught him peaking at me from inside a bush and lit him up, I was only rewarded with dust pluming from his chest from the 3 bursts I pumped into him at <100 meters.

My question is how do we know which bushes are bullet proof or what can I do to nullify this glitch/tactic?

never had issues with "bullet proof" bushes maybe u didnt line up the shot properly...

Sounds more like a hacker than a buggy bush to me.

• Like 1

There is no such thing as a bullet proof bush. I've shot people through bushes countless times. Sounds like you missed him. I would NOT use burst on the M16 unless it's CQB. It throws your aim off big time.

@Fraggle it could of been a hacker but like I said, burst on the M16 throws accuracy off quite a bit.

Edited by Skat3rat

Don't take chances, only shoot your targets in the back.

• Like 1

im pretty sure that some bullets get lost in bushes, ive seen it happen lots of times before

also had it myself when shooting zombies from a bush

maybe some of teh stopping power gets absorbed by a sturdy leaf?

Edited by SiiriXX

Perhaps I missed, you could be right. But I've definitely had a pine tree eat up a mag of m4ccosd on namalsk at point blank range.

Whispering Allah Akbar over direct chat before firing felt pretty stupid after my bullets were totally ineffective.

I hope they fix this bug in the SA

I've also had bullets stopped by leaves, not sure which ones or what conditions need to be right for that to happen, but pretty sure that it does happen

im pretty sure that some bullets get lost in bushes, ive seen it happen lots of times before

also had it myself when shooting zombies from a bush

maybe some of teh stopping power gets absorbed by a sturdy leaf?

I don't think leaves would be capable of stopping bullets unless the bullet went through a ton of branches and leaves. I don't know if Arma is that realistic though.

Pine tree's can stop bullets, good way to prove it is to get in a pine tree with a load of zombie aggro and shoot out at them with a pistol, making sure the gun is inside the branches, every now and then in certain position the bullet will hit the tree, you'll see a bullet mark and a puff of smoke.

Edited by Fluxley

Many trees/rocky surfaces have larger collision models than their actual model would indicate so shooting right next to a tree trunk will often result in hitting an invisible wall.

You can easily confirm this by sitting in a pine tree and shooting outward.

I honestly think that it might be his or your ping. If your connection is delayed you probably take a little longer to die. :]

I've had this happen to me before, the orange colored small bushes.

Snuck up on a kitted out sniper who had a zombie on him. He crouched into a bush (To stop the zed from attacking) and just sat there waiting for it to go away.

I walked right up to him, dumped a makorov clip into the back of his head, nothing. Then i stole all the stuff from his backpack.

Walked up into the bush thinking he was a hacker or bugged out or something... he just turned shot me and insta-killed me with his DMR.

Ya it was an orange bush that I was talking about in the OP. Now I know for future reference to assume they are behind bullet proof glass while in these bushes. Thanks

Title created horrid predictions of what these bullets would do *shutter*