Sign in to follow this  
wyre

selected ACE features

I'd love to see a lot of selected features from ACE mod. The fast roping, improved tow/chopper lifting, backpack system working on weight/item size, maybe endurance and wounds system too but they could be a bit of a pain.

Backpack system seems unrealistic to me in that I can carry 18 toolboxes exactly the same way as 18 epi's so the size/weight thing some ACE servers work on is more realistic and intuitive to me personally. Basically you can fit a few big things or many little things in a given bag size. As for the weight if it goes over reasonable weight for your class you get tired quicker and can't sprint as far (just a few m with real heavy load).

I wouldn't copy the civy class edurance specs though, spec ops or regular grunts (not crewmen who have poor enduro).

So many of the features in it would work well in Dayz and really add to it I reckon but some people maybe would prefer current system especially the bag thing.

havnt tried ACE yet, but the epoch mod features a inventory/backpack weight system, and it works pretty well

I like it and I really hope they include it.

But carrying a ton of stuff should come at a price.

- If you pack a lot of things you should not be able to jump over fences (jumping with a backpack on is awkward as hell)

- running around with 10 kilos worth of luggage should also damage your feet/knees faster than normal.

furthermore:

- maybe even add a feature where you are able to pack your bag. So you have to pack your bag correctly or your character will get exhausted pretty quickly.

• Like 1