Sign in to follow this  
Calanen

Kicked for Wrong Signature File - The Saga Continues

I'm making a post about this, because although it has come up many, many times - there is no definitive fix.

What people say to do is to re-verify your files in steam. I've done that, repeatedly. They say reinstall battleye, I've done that repeatedly too.

I've reinstalled arma 2, OAP, Dayz. I've moved them to different drives.

Still, kick for wrong signature file - usually the Anims.pbo. I've deleted the anims.pbo, then asked Steam to reinstall it still nothing.

And it's not just me, in Breaking Point the mod, there is a parade of people getting kicked for wrong signature files on sidechat. It's very frustrating. I've also used armarize to try to fix any wrecked files, and that seemed to help for a while, but no longer.

There is no answer anywhere on google, I've been through every thread. All of them say, could be, might be this, might be that..nobody knows.

Arma 2 is a bit unique in that it generates signatures for files, a bit like encrypted emails. The signature whatever it is, is checked by battleye and if its not correct, you are kicked. Now while this looks for hacking, it is incredibly annoying. If there was an app of some kind which just checked the signatures of those key files, the pbos, fixed them so they were whatever they were supposed to be, that would be good.

If anyone has a real fix, not reinstall everything which doesn't work, I'll put 50US in their paypal.

Edited by Calanen

Is this happening to you just in the Breaking Point mod or normal DayZ too?

It happened to me lately in the Breaking point mod because that is what I was playing, but happened to me previously on Namalsk in DayZ.

The file is usually the anims.pbo which is marked as the wrong signature for file. But a quick search of the web shows that this is a problem that has gone on for *years* with Arma based mods and Arma itself.

And you watch the sidechat, and its an endless stream of 'kicked for wrong signature file.' - so its not just me.

Make sure you only have the mods/ expansions for BP Vanilla enabled (you can check this in the Main Menu under "Expansions").

Also make sure that your Arma 2 OA Directory is cleaned up...

Fyi, the signature has nothing to do with BattlEye. If the server kicks everyone or a lot of people with the same error, it is possible that it's a problem on the server's end which can not be fixed on your side.

Thanks for the hints.

What has actually worked for now, is deleting the pbo that is said to be damaged, and what surprised me was that arma /dayz still ran without it.