potplanty

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Any Aussies (Melbournians, specifically) having luck with international servers?

I was getting onto Seattle ones yesterday but no dice today.

Wen that little green light came back on this morning' date=' I wept tears of joy.

[/quote']

Aah, I completely understand your pain. This thread turned into a interesting read indeed.

Imagine what will happen to the world when the global domain name root servers is breached and brought to their knees by some insane hacker group.

Feed your Internet apocalypse conspirational mind: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116571-Anonymous-Threatens-Internet-With-Operation-Blackout

Also you'll probably find most of the australian players don't play on the the ANZ servers anyway.

Pretty much this.

ANZ servers are worse than connecting to the States.

What a great thread.

Its not really, its rather quite bad/sad that an OP is so aggressive in its nature when its based on zero known fact and all on assumption.

This is the exact thing I've hinted at in other threads, something happens and the user base immediately think of the worst possible reason to explain the symptoms of their problems. I'm only shocked though that the OP didn't target his epic rage at the hosts and not the devs which seems to be the usual stand point.

Seriously what is happening to people ? Is a game all some people have ? if its off line go out out ffs, mow the lawn or something but dont emotionally implode over TCP/IP.

wow... whats wrong with gamers these days. going all willynilly and insult people left and right for no real reason...

Talking about Aussie servers any chance there can be more GMT -2 , as I work in the day, strange that :)

I'm a bit confused as to why outdated ANZ servers are still operational, shouldn't that be against rules or something (lookin' at you games.on.net)?

Im frustrated too but do we have all the facts? Lets just take a breath and let the people who can do something about the issue sort it out, no use freaking out just play another game in the mean time.

Oh leave em alone' date=' we lost all our local servers and the next best thing are 1.7.0 servers or 1.7.1.3(?!) NZ servers. You'd be a bit riled up too :P

[/quote']

Read the post again. I wonder what he does when his internet dies, don't Aussies use Empty Tin Cans + Wires to communicate? Must have quite some packet loss.

<3...

Why arent you temporaly banned for that comment? Rocket i demand you do something about that Sterotyping can be considered Racisim.

But when the string breaks, what do you do?

Call the kangaroos to carry your packets back and forth to the servers?

That's why Aussie internet sucks, the ISP's spend too much money on kangaroo labor.

Congrats Rocket and co. You have fucked Australia hard. I hope you enjoy losing your fanbase to this dictatorship bullshit.

Step away from the keyboard dude.

We had data routing issues with ANZ1-4 last night.

For all the intellectual Americans, think of it like a knot in our piece of string, which was too far from our tin-can to reach, so we had to get someone else to un-knot it for us.

We will likely be running ANZ1-4 on the same time-zone soon, which will likely be something around +3GMT. This will give Aussies daylight in DayZ between 11AM to 1AM.

Wow, cool story bro. If the servers go down it must be the Devs.

Now as for as you put it

"You have fucked Australia hard"

I don't see a problem with this?, did Australia consent? if so what is the problem. Yeah maybe she has a bad time picking up the guys she does have alot of dry spells but maybe she is just happy for the attention you just brought her.

My other witty remark in retaliation was;

"Yes we did and Australia came with the force of a thousand suns maybe your jealous?"

Also yes we are a dictatorship however we get things done and are an efficient and slightly benevolent dictatorship, which is why we are a good dictatorship.

Hey Potplanty is your toon name the same ingame?

With this reaction would love to see what it's like when you get killed ingame? maybe you could fraps it for us all?

We will likely be running ANZ1-4 on the same time-zone soon' date=' which will likely be something around +3GMT. This will give Aussies daylight in DayZ between 11AM to 1AM.

[/quote']

I kinda liked having that mix of different time servers...although now it's become ridiculous with this amount of variety. Sort of torn between wanting to play at night (yes I like nighttime lol) and having a daytime server to switch between.

We had data routing issues with ANZ1-4 last night.

For all the intellectual Americans' date=' think of it like a knot in our piece of string, which was too far from our tin-can to reach, so we had to get someone else to un-knot it for us.

[/quote']

tumblr_luqal3IQJE1qlo9k7.gif

Wow' date=' cool story bro. If the servers go down it must be the Devs.

Now as for as you put it

"You have fucked Australia hard"

I don't see a problem with this?, did Australia consent? if so what is the problem. Yeah maybe she has a bad time picking up the guys she does have alot of dry spells but maybe she is just happy for the attention you just brought her.

[/quote']

tumblr_luqalu8US61qlo9k7.gif

Hey Potplanty is your toon name the same ingame?

With this reaction would love to see what it's like when you get killed ingame? maybe you could fraps it for us all?

His ingame name is Taco

Oh leave em alone' date=' we lost all our local servers and the next best thing are 1.7.0 servers or 1.7.1.3(?!) NZ servers. You'd be a bit riled up too :P

[/quote']

Read the post again. I wonder what he does when his internet dies, don't Aussies use Empty Tin Cans + Wires to communicate? Must have quite some packet loss.

<3...

Why arent you temporaly banned for that comment? Rocket i demand you do something about that Sterotyping can be considered Racisim.

I actually have to agree, i see people getting banned for calling Americans fat and Russians faggots etc etc and its regarded as racism. I couldn't give 2 shits about it, but if your going to ban people for those other comments then this should be punished the same way as well. (Implying Australians are less technically advanced and must use " tin cans" to communicate, thus trying to make themselves more superior to us and us as inferior to them).

Lol