srvrsyde

DELETED BY USER

Or update game to 1.7.1.4 and play the game to test bugs and what not so you can report bugs and give better feedback.

well my feedback is that you can do that, soo.. fix it? i dunno? i just realized that it's possible, i don't know how i feel about it yet

Or ask for them to revert it, like we are, that's fine too. Maybe starting with no gun is a goal to work towards, but in alpha where everything is still being tweaked? No way.

Or - just play the game how it's supposed to be played and learn how to avoid zombies until you can find a weapon, then try your hardest to survive so you don't have to go back to square one.

People still complaing about the lack of weapon? Game is still too easy lol. Prone crawl into buildings find weapon so easy. Even if you do lure zombies you can dodge them by running around a building or through a building. Easy

If the game is really too easy without a gun, then what's the point of getting a gun?

Your zombie dodging method is basically a glitch and should be fixed soon.

If the game is really too easy without a gun' date=' then what's the point of getting a gun?

[/quote']

Working as intended? Some fine tuning will probably happen.

You can't tread DayZ like a retail game. It's going to be glitchy, it's going to be dicked up a LOT, and most importantly it's going to be made differently that retail games.

Play the newer version to discover bugs and discuss them on here. Make the game better... We're a part of the development of this game. How we find issues and report them could change everything, for the better.

Yeah it's intended to be able to dodge them, you should read the patch notes so you can properly complain about this free game. I love blasting zombies with my gun don't get me wrong, but it does add a new degree of difficulty to the game. Seriously though how often do you die?

downgrade to 1.7' date=' start a character, upgrade to whatever. play.

[/quote']

Fairly certain this will be considered an exploit. Just to clarify, you are proposing to go back to version 1.7, get your starting gear, log off, and then upgrade to the current patch?

I'm aware what the patch notes say. It's just that I doubt it's working as intended if it's as easy as you make it sound. Being able to get away from zombies should be an iffy affair only to be attempted in a last ditch effort when the environment suits it. If you can do it reliably at any time then it's just a cheesy gimmick like in Assassin's Creed.

If the game is really too easy without a gun' date=' then what's the point of getting a gun?

[/quote']

i could play the game and 'survive' forever without a gun. You can get loot without firing a shot. The point of getting a gun is to kill noobs so that they run to the forums complaining about how they couldn't defend themselves against the big bad bandits.

You can't expect people to want to post only about bugs while completely ignoring obviously stupid decisions that kill the game. None or both.

the problem with people who say that this game is still easy with no gun is that they're already used to the game. New players that are already fighting the convoluted control system from arma2 are not going to do well or like this game how it is now. I understand that most people who have played past their first 4 deaths can loot and get around with no problem, but people who are just finding out about the game are being basically turned away at the door. This seems like a detrimental effect on the game as a whole, and something should probably be changed. Either give back starting guns, give them to players for their first 5 lives, or scale zombie population density and difficulty inland.

I would be fine without a gun if I could go without being spotted behind a house with zero noise and one sight, prone or crouch walking. Or that I actually got more than unusable pellets and tin cans for managing to loot a small town.

It puts new players at a disadvantage versus those who haven't died pre-patch and still have their stuff. Also, since the zombie radar is broken for the umpteenth time, trying to stealth around in to towns to find something to equip isn't remotely easy.

The solution (to me) would be to give players a melee weapon at the very least. This way, they have a fighting chance against any zeds that decide to mob the player.