kumando

So zombies are just a nuisance again in 1.7.7.1

So Boatie what would you suggest for "Hardcore super skilled players like yourself" when the world has gone to shit? The points you make about cities/towns being ghost towns and to many zombies spawning from all directions, I just fail to see what sort of argument you're trying to put across.(All I see is someone with a very narrow minded approach to this hole situation).

Because in all logic if such an outbreak did occur, then would you not agree that cities and other highly populated areas would indeed have a high risk attached to them. So if you choose to enter such an area the likelihood is that any encounter could be an endless wave of infected. "If you make a mistake".

Also on the loot situation, have you searched or scavenged smaller buildings or do you just run straight for the bars/café, firestation ect. It's very easy to come onto the forums and bitch and scream about certain changes, but the fact is we all know that the patch and hotfix are far from perfect, but and this is just my opinion the 1.7.7 patch brought Dayz to another level of gameplay. Where every action in the game world had consequences, be it from pve or pvp nothing should ever be "easy".

Dont bother with the sorts of him bro, he just fails to see that he is not playing COD, Dayz is about survival and playing against the odds, not the other way around.

So got to try this 'hotfix' last night, see no difference between it and the last patch.

The zombies are still as annoying as ever. Spawned in yesterday, crawled to the Barracks, stopped every so often to watch zombies paths to try and avoid them, thing is though they were conveniently all heading in the same direction as me. Great fun that. I spent literally like half an hour trying to work my around them, bear in mind I'm in a ghillie crawling in grass.

I get to the wall of the building next to the barracks, about 10m from me to the door and a Zombie from the otherside of that building comes running round aggroed straight to my location. I hack him down with my axe which takes 3 hits and he gets one hit on me and makes me bleed. This then leads to several others aggroing to my position who I also hack down but makes me bleed twice more. Luckily no infection yet which I suppose it a positive.

I finally crawl my way into the barracks, where I'm greeted with 3 more Zombies who conveniently spawn in, So I have to kill them because they just stand on the loot (of course Zombies are going to be really interested in ammo). I'm finally getting to look round at what's actually in the barracks and another bloody player comes running in bleeding trailing about 10 zombies, he shoots me dead but then dies straight after.

Re-spawned in solzincy (sp) I'm very careful to not aggro any zombies watching them as they walk round corners before moving, keeping to grassy areas, crawling where necessary. I have to avoid several loot spots because again there are zombies camping them. Eventually find a truck that needs a wheel, manage to find a toolbox in one of those big warehouses but somehow aggro a zombie that is outside and has no LOS and I wasn't making sound, not only that but I peaked in third person to see where he is as he seems to have lost interest. Seeing him by one door I attempt to exit out the other door and the zombie predicts that I'm going to that door and runs across!

By the time I find the wheel I've been infected because a Zombies spawned inside a building with me, despite me checking it was previously clear. I struggle my way back to the truck and repair it, bomb it down the coast to elektro, drive straight into the hospital no loot, no loot in the Firestation, limited loot in the supermarket and school, By this time I'm pretty close to dieing so I throw caution to the wind and just run through the remaining loot spots and find literally nothing, Finally I type in side chat that there is a truck in Elektro for anyone who needs it and after I press enter my character collapses and dies.

The whole thing was probably over 3 hours of play. I planned and was extremely cautious on every looting attempt I made yet the Zombies still got me by basically cheating. They aggroed me through walls and round buildings, they spawned in buildings behind my back, they sat on towards loot I was after and they predicted where I was going.

If I was playing some sort of game like Thief or Splinter Cell and it had terrible AI like that I'd be asking for my money back as the game would clearly be broken.

Edited by tajjuk

So got to try this 'hotfix' last night, see no difference between it and the last patch.

The zombies are still as annoying as ever. Spawned in yesterday, crawled to the Barracks, stopped every so often to watch zombies paths to try and avoid them, thing is though they were conveniently all heading in the same direction as me. Great fun that. I spent literally like half an hour trying to work my around them, bear in mind I'm in a ghillie crawling in grass.

I get to the wall of the building next to the barracks, about 10m from me to the door and a Zombie from the otherside of that building comes running round aggroed straight to my location. I hack him down with my axe which takes 3 hits and he gets one hit on me and makes me bleed. This then leads to several others aggroing to my position who I also hack down but makes me bleed twice more. Luckily no infection yet which I suppose it a positive.

I finally crawl my way into the barracks, where I'm greeted with 3 more Zombies who conveniently spawn in, So I have to kill them because they just stand on the loot (of course Zombies are going to be really interested in ammo). I'm finally getting to look round at what's actually in the barracks and another bloody player comes running in bleeding trailing about 10 zombies, he shoots me dead but then dies straight after.

Re-spawned in solzincy (sp) I'm very careful to not aggro any zombies watching them as they walk round corners before moving, keeping to grassy areas, crawling where necessary. I have to avoid several loot spots because again there are zombies camping them. Eventually find a truck that needs a wheel, manage to find a toolbox in one of those big warehouses but somehow aggro a zombie that is outside and has no LOS and I wasn't making sound, not only that but I peaked in third person to see where he is as he seems to have lost interest. Seeing him by one door I attempt to exit out the other door and the zombie predicts that I'm going to that door and runs across!

By the time I find the wheel I've been infected because a Zombies spawned inside a building with me, despite me checking it was previously clear. I struggle my way back to the truck and repair it, bomb it down the coast to elektro, drive straight into the hospital no loot, no loot in the Firestation, limited loot in the supermarket and school, By this time I'm pretty close to dieing so I throw caution to the wind and just run through the remaining loot spots and find literally nothing, Finally I type in side chat that there is a truck in Elektro for anyone who needs it and after I press enter my character collapses and dies.

The whole thing was probably over 3 hours of play. I planned and was extremely cautious on every looting attempt I made yet the Zombies still got me by basically cheating. They aggroed me through walls and round buildings, they spawned in buildings behind my back, they sat on towards loot I was after and they predicted where I was going.

If I was playing some sort of game like Thief or Splinter Cell and it had terrible AI like that I'd be asking for my money back as the game would clearly be broken.

Lol you are doing it wrong my friend, 1.7.7.1 is so broken that there is a bug that if you keep moving zeds wont make any damage, and its so easy to break LOS from zombies it almost feels retarded.

Before these idiotic patches, I always get the yen to play dayz after a few days of not playing. Now, I feel nothing. You mountain man survivors have won. It's so fun to spent an hour finding a gun! weeeeeeeee! It great to go north and build a base and sit and stare at the moon! It's so fun to play pve away from people, so that hours can pass and you see no one. It great to sneak through electro and aggo no zeds because you are l33t at survival. Sheesh.

I'm kind of hoping this is scarcasm, cause otherwise...why in the world would you have ever started to play DayZ!?!?!?

Mike Eps thought it was clear too.

Edited by JubeiDOK

(jk... zombies do need to get fixed)

This attitude is what "needs" to get fixed. These people don't owe you anything. They do this in their spare time so that you can choose to enjoy it. Be thankful that you have choices in games beyond the cookie cutter trash from big publishers.

Yes, that's what I used to do. but now I get infected and can't get any antibiotics. Maybe zombies should occasionally have antibiotics ?

Killed one of those badass zombies in the airfield, found antibiotics on it. Not a big chance, but they can have them.

I'm kind of hoping this is scarcasm, cause otherwise...why in the world would you have ever started to play DayZ!?!?!?

Mike Eps thought it was clear too.

No idea what that reference means. Personally I don't think it is fine to go into a room with one entrance, see it's clear then face the door and have zombies suddenly behind you.

Lol you are doing it wrong my friend, 1.7.7.1 is so broken that there is a bug that if you keep moving zeds wont make any damage, and its so easy to break LOS from zombies it almost feels retarded.

Typical BS e-peen post. Please go find a mirror and tell yourself how great you are, because no here cares.

I don't understand why people try to label players as either pve or pvp. What's great about this game is that to do either you have to contend with the other. Yes, players are struggling to find loot with the new loot system (which is much more intuitive and gives me a sense of accomplishment when I do find something vital to my survival) and some turn to killing other players to get that important, scarce equipment. But doesn't it make more sense to have players that choose this bandity route to be punished/challenged with zombies that are more difficult to contend with alone?

If anything, dumbing the zombies down as they did in the hotfix has just made finding loot more monotonous and increased the propensity to kill others for loot. If we want to encourage teamwork and create a more challenging pve twist for bandits we need to buff the zombies back up to 1.7.7 standards

Direct quote from R4Z0R:

To make it simple if you thought it was hard in .7 your going to cry in .7.1. However in other areas it has become a bit easy with the new checks to stop some of the bugs you guys found.

We have tried to balanced infection/bloodloss/stopping power. We just took away i'm infected lets just die to a degree it can still happen tho.

.7.1 is supposed to be harder than .7, and quite obviously it's not. R4Z0R mentioned elsewhere about there being an error or bug - perhaps with regards to the distance check for zed range - that makes it easier than it should be. Does anyone know specifically what the issue is?

Edited by WBK