Anvanaar

Downloaded 103718 - game says I still have 1.62.0.103419

Hello there... please help me.

For the last two hours, I tried everything to get on servers. I couldn't. As the topic title says: I downloaded the 103718 beta thingy (which all the servers want) and used the .exe file to patch - but the game still tells me "You're shit out of luck, you have 1.62.0.103419!".

Could somebody please tell me what I am supposed to do?

Because I seriously don't know. Tried this "Force enable beta patch" (which was checked anyway), used the 103718 patch... nothing helps.

Hope you guys have an answer.

I really want to play this game again.

Greets,

Anvanaar

Try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion and deleting the beta folder and reinstalling 103718.

I have the non-steam version of this game - bought the Anniversary Edition in a normal store. With paper money and stuff. :3

But - yes, I did delete the beta folder and reinstalled 103718, didn't work, deleted again, installed the newest, doesn't work.

So... yeah.

That doesn't solve it. :/

Any other suggestions?

Oh, and to say it sooner rather than later: I install games to C:\Users\Public because of all the admin shit on Windows 7.

Could that be the problem? Would that make sense?

Greets,

Anvanaar

How are you starting the game? Are you running the beta .exe or are you replacing the original .exe with the beta one?

I use the SIX thingy... I start from there by directly selecting the server - just as I always did... didn't play in a while, updated game and mod and doesn't work anymore :/

Ah right. I use DayZCommander so I'm completely in the dark about PlayWithSix. Sorry dude.

I know what I will try next.

I will deinstall SIX, the ArmA games and DayZ completely - then I will reinstall ArmA II and ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead freshly, but this time into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\".

And I will use DayZCommander - heard good things about it so far, and it seems to work for you, so I guess it will work for me.

Is there any advice on DayZCommander you think I propably need to get around encountering the same problem?

Greets,

Anvanaar

Nah not really. DayZCommander is pretty sound program. You have the entire list of mods ready for you to install. You just click " Install. "

Here's a guide I've been posting to noobies :)

1. Download and install Arma2 and Arma2: Operation Arrowhead.

2. Run Arma2 until you load into the main menu, then exit game.

3. Run Arma2: Operation Arrowhead until you load into the main menu, then exit game.

4. Download DayZCommander and install it.

5. Run DayZCommander.

6. In the top right hand corner of DayZCommander, under the Minimise, Maximise and Close sign. There are 4 Tabs. Click the " Settings " Tab.

7. Tick the boxes that say " Launch using Steam " and " Replace original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works " It should look something like this. ( Ignore the Additional Launch Parameters that I have, you don't need them ) Click Done. If your Game Directories are blank. Try restarting your computer.

8. Click the " Install / Update " Tab.

9. Under where it says " ARMA 2: XxXxX " there should be a drop down box below that, make sure the one that says ( Latest ) by the side is selected and press the " Install " button. You will have to wait a while for it to download, and when it does, you get a installation box come up. Install as you would normally a patch.

10. Where it says " DAYZ: X.X.X.X " there should be a drop down box below that, make sure the one that says ( Latest ) by the side is selected and press the " Install " button. Once it's downloaded you will have a wait till it says " DAYZ: X.X.X.X (Up to date) " before doing anything else. It should look like this, but with 1.7.7.1.( I have 1.7.7 installed because the server I play hasn't updated yet ) Or whichever version you choose. Click Done.

11. Click the " Servers " tab on the left hand side and look for a server you fancy playing on and double click on it.

From what I know, the difference from STEAM version and disc version is that you skip step 7.

Edited by piemanpm

Wow - I really have to thank you for your tip.

This program is sooo comfortable!

Want another ArmA version? BAM, done. Another DayZ version? BAM, done.

Wanna try out another DayZ Mod? BAM, done.

And I don't even have to open my browser and look up updates myself for any of this - something SIX doesn't even come close to offer the user.

All in all DayZCommander ist just so comfortable and user-friendly, it practically takes away every problem someone could have installing DayZ... simply because it does it on itself.

Short: Thanks for the tip!

The game runs just fine now, no problems at all -

- I even found out my old character is still alive and will, just needed a Painkiller and he was good to go! :D

A nice way to start back into this game, finally gotta do that Cherno trip I cancelled just before reaching the city back then.

Ah, I talk too much - anyway... thank you very much!

Problem absolutely solved! :D

Greets,

Anvanaar

Would this help fix the CD key error. Sorry that's probably a stupid question but I've been trying to get the game to work for a while. At this rate the standalone will be out before I can play.

Nah not really. DayZCommander is pretty sound program. You have the entire list of mods ready for you to install. You just click " Install. "

Here's a guide I've been posting to noobies :)

From what I know, the difference from STEAM version and disc version is that you skip step 7.

Hey im having the same problem except it says im missing the .pbo i tried DayZ commander, i update everything i need to using DayZ Commander, but it still stops me from joining any server

Would this help fix the CD key error. Sorry that's probably a stupid question but I've been trying to get the game to work for a while. At this rate the standalone will be out before I can play.

Have you tried running STEAM as administrator and running BOTH ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA until the main menu?

Hey im having the same problem except it says im missing the .pbo i tried DayZ commander, i update everything i need to using DayZ Commander, but it still stops me from joining any server

Have you tried running STEAM as administrator and running BOTH ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA until the main menu? Also. What .PBO does it say it's missing?

Have you tried running STEAM as administrator and running BOTH ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA until the main menu?

Have you tried running STEAM as administrator and running BOTH ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA until the main menu? Also. What .PBO does it say it's missing?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/10-support/ here is the problem i'm having, all the information you need is there, the thread hasn't been active since feb and no one replied to me on it, the guy got a solution but didn't say what it was

Yes, I have. That's how I did it from the start. Re-installed everything, verified the games in steam, ran them, installed DayZ Commander & now when I try to install DayZ from DayZ Commander I get the error from DayZ Commander. When I hover over the small red error symbol it has a large list.

EDIT: Okay, I have DayZ downloading from DayZ Commander at this moment.

Edited by Evutude