IJB

Do you have to use steam?

Hi I took a holiday from dayz but want to return to get some practice in before standalone is out my question is do I have to purchase CO from steam or can i purchase it from http://www.arma2.com/

Where it is only 12 dollars on sale. I realize its the same game in both places i just dont know if one makes patches/ect easier.

• Like 1

No you don't have to buy it from Steam

Remember you will need Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead too - both called Combined Ops when referred to together.

I do find it easier via Steam and I am by no means Steam fan but credit where it's due.

However, if you also download the free DayZ Commander you will find updating the game easy. :thumbsup:

No you don't have to buy it from Steam

Remember you will need Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead too - both called Combined Ops when referred to together.

I do find it easier via Steam and I am by no means Steam fan but credit where it's due.

However, if you also download the free DayZ Commander you will find updating the game easy. :thumbsup:

I like steam i use it for other games, but on the arma 2 website its 12 dollars compared to 40 on steam.

You keep saying arma2 but what about the rest of arma (arrowhead) you'll need that too. So check it's cost too (or both are together called Combined Ops)

You can still buy it from other places so do if you think it's a bargain.

Edited by Sula

I'm with Sula, I'm not seeing the $12 price point you're talking about. A link of where you're looking would be helpful.

I see $12.90 for just Arma II, but you'll need Operation Arrowhead as well, which is $19.90. They offer Combined Operations for $24.90, which is really only 9 cents less than the $24.99 steam charges for Combined Operations. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to bother setting up another account on a website and entering all my credit card info, just to save 9 cents.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon