Hi guys, I know there was a patch lately and my dayz was working fine, but now i cant log in to any servers, it says i have the wrong version whenever i try to log in:(

so im missing my favourite server at the moment.

can anyone tell me what i have to do step by step?

It was working for a while, ive seen the new changes in game, but now i cant log so its a bit sad :(

it says KICKED WRONG VERSION

i use playwith six

• Like 1

Either you or the server hasn't updated to the new patch yet. It's as simple as that

Hi Webbers. It sounds like your server has updated to the latest version and so you will need to update your dayz mod version so you can continue to play on that server, however, it will be a new version of the game, so expect changes.

In my experience that usually means loads of tin cans and not enough food, drink or ammo. *sighs*

So. I've no idea how to upgrade with your "play with six" so I'm afraid I can't help you further. You will need to find someone who knows how that works.

I use dayz commander, as it does it all for me in seconds. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

Well i was playing in the patch, zombies could knock you to the ground, goat meat had new skin, stashes etc. But now it says wrong version so i am like WHAt?

Commander- when i try to log in i just get numbers in bottom right corner and have to reset my pc

Check the install/update tab in Dayz Commander. Steam apparently broke my Dayz with the 1.7.7.1 patch update.

Showed as "Corrupt" in Dayz Commander.

I used the dropdown box and reinstalled 1.7.7. That says "Out of date" but it works on my server, which is still at 1.7.6. I'm sure the server has "issues" with 1.7.7 and beyond, but it's working well enough for me and my partner to horse around. I'll probably wait until the server provider has the updates before I update Dayz to 1.7.7.1, which includes the hot patch.

You're probably best off using the latest version from Dayz Commander.

Just be aware that many servers are behind in doing their updates, so you have to join the right one. That could be causing your problem.

If you choose to run anything but the latest Dayz version, and use Steam, remember to turn off "automatic updates" in Steam. In case you don't know how to do that, you right click the game in the game library, select properties, the select the "updates" tab.