kumando

New hotfix changes for R4Z0R49

R4Z0R49 what does this mean???

[uPDATED] - Infection rates are much lower (based on #zeds attacking you) viral zeds have 4x greater infection rates

This means the less zombies attacking you less infection or the other way around? And the viral zeds will infect more than it is now? Please clarify!

[FIXED] - Zeds full scale damage reverted to 100% was 50% in .7.

Zeds do more damage or less?

Edited by Kumando

R4Z0R49 what does this mean???

[uPDATED] - Infection rates are much lower (based on #zeds attacking you) viral zeds have 4x greater infection rates

This means the less zombies attacking you less infection or the other way around? And the viral zeds will infect more than it is now? Please clarify!

[FIXED] - Zeds full scale damage reverted to 100% was 50% in .7.

Zeds do more damage or less?

I think the first quote means there are two kinds of zombies, one regular type (with lower chance of infecting you than before) and one type which will have a higher chance of infecting you than the normal zombies (4x higher chance)

The zombies will now do twice as much damage as before (as in .7)

Hope this re-wording clarified it a little :)

Edited by R3con

To make it simple if you thought it was hard in .7 your going to cry in .7.1. However in other areas it has become a bit easy with the new checks to stop some of the bugs you guys found. It's hard to judge anything till its out.

We have tried to balanced infection/bloodloss/stopping power. We just took away i'm infected lets just die to a degree it can still happen tho.

But on a serious note a lot of the systems we use today have been recreated from scratch its going to take a little time to get the balance correct. But we do plan to go back to Rockets original view of the game being brutal. Inst this why we play simulator games in the first place.

• Like 7

But we do plan to go back to Rockets original view of the game being brutal. Inst this why we play simulator games in the first place.

Awesome, I like it brutal :)

To make it simple if you thought it was hard in .7 your going to cry in .7.1. However in other areas it has become a bit easy with the new checks to stop some of the bugs you guys found. It's hard to judge anything till its out.

But on a serious note a lot of the systems we use today have been recreated from scratch its going to take a little time to get the balance correct. But we do plan to go back to Rockets original view of the game being brutal. Inst this why we play simulator games in the first place.

im a bit ashamed for what i will say now but:

I LOVE YOU FOR THIS! :D

Ive tried the hotfix they seem a bit easy now compared1.7.7 due to the less chance of infection by normal zeds, i think you should increase the normal zeds damaage they arent doing any damage at all ive tested it.

I second that, tested it and they are easily overcome even going I'm all guns blazing each time

Love the other fixes but i think players should be punished for alerting Zeds now that the detection is better

We have tried to balanced infection/bloodloss/stopping power. We just took away i'm infected lets just die to a degree it can still happen tho.

Im sorry to say this R4Z0R49 but after testing 1.7.7.1 more i have to say you made zombies just a joke again, carebears won again unfortunately...

Im sorry to say this R4Z0R49 but after testing 1.7.7.1 more i have to say you made zombies just a joke again, carebears won again unfortunately...

What do carebears or nice players have to do with the Zeds? You can be a friendly survivor and still be in for a hard game environment. Just nothing as frustrating as the "Kiss of Death", while I never found any antibiotics at all. I look forward to other ways of treating infections. Game has to be hard, but 1.7.7. infection felt pretty random from time to time.

• Like 1

An zombies hitting you a million times without consequence is that acceptable in a zombie game?

An zombies hitting you a million times without consequence is that acceptable in a zombie game?

NO! its not acceptable!

in my eyes the infection was good as it was in 1.7.7.

if you got "bitten" you got infected - like it ever was in Zombiemovies and in 28 days later with its infected too.

and here you could cure it by rare antibiotics or if you got lucky by rest in a tent.

how should hole chernarus have become a infacted wasteland when meeting up with the Infected would not have any consequence?

make it unforgiving hard to survive, please. thats what we came for! Deathmatch can i play elsewhere!

• Like 1

It has been said that this is a bug and that finding the correct balance will take some time.

Don't say that you expected 1.7.7.1 to be final. ^^

NO! its not acceptable!

if you got "bitten" you got infected - like it ever was in Zombiemovies and in 28 days later with its infected too.

and here you could cure it by rare antibiotics or if you got lucky by rest in a tent.

how should hole chernarus have become a infacted wasteland when meeting up with the Infected would not have any consequence?

make it unforgiving hard to survive, please. thats what we came for! Deathmatch can i play elsewhere!

Um,

Firstly it's a bug.

Secondly you get punched not bitten so the rest of what you said makes little sense.

Thirdly this isn't 28 days later.

Fourthly the 'infection' doesn't turn you into an infected it just makes you ill same way if you drink bad water.

What we have now is more balanced. 'Deathmatch' exists in your head, find the right server.

As a sweeping statement all those that complain about the patch apparently need to 'man up' then all those that moan about PvP and 'Deathmatch' need to get better at shooting and not getting get shot.

• Like 1

I got infected a couple of times yesterday (mostly by infected zombies) so to me the rate seems about right. Now all we need is something to actually heal ourselves afterwards.

Edited by Cadian412

NO! its not acceptable!

I'm gonna quote something a certain "quattro_ge" once said:

"If you dont like the game how it is supposed to be - LEAVE."

I see the FPS problems aren't as bad now, whatever you have taken out, keep it out :).

The zombies are good now also.