Sign in to follow this  
EndEffeKt

New Zombie-spawns, difficulty and groups

Hey people,

yesterday I was happily wandering my way through the countryside of Chernarus with my crossbow in hand and my pockets full of beans. I looted small villages, Zub-castle and some medium villages arround. Everything was fine, the Zombie-count was ok and I just eliminated everything in my way with arrows. I did draw close to no attention or aggro and just felt like a true survivor.

Then in the evening me and 2 friends decided to team up with our basic equipment to spent some hours of looting together. It appeared that, while we were now dividing the loot by 3 the difficulty rose to almost the double. Why? You might ask. Because suddenly the villages I wandered across hours before were swarmed by Zeds and it was almost impossible for us 3 to not draw enormous amonths of Zeds onto us. Ended in a pretty massive Zed-Shooting in the first village. I got infected, my friend too. My life ended with him hitting me in the head with his hatchet, because he had a massive lag and did not know where I was :(

Finally I came to the conclusion, that simple scavenging is best done by each and every survivor on his own, because its far less dangerous or difficult. Thats a pretty sad conclusion, because who likes to play this game alone? Is the game in its current state really spwaning zombies for every survivor entering an area? Should this be changed?

• Like 1

This is how it has always been, more players = more zombies. The more brutal loot tables compound this problem. The best suggestion I can give you is to vary your weapons. My brother and I used a makarov/loudfield and M1911/Winchester combo respectively. Four of the most common ammunition types meant that nearly everything had some kind of value to either one of us and we rarely ran dry on ammo.

I took a break from normal DayZ for almost a year and this spawning behaviour was rather strange to me. Wasnt there really any change?

In my opinion teaming up should make the game easier not more difficult. Maybe the situation was more strange to me, because I just visited the villages an hour ago by myself. I dont know if this is a topic for the mod or just for the SA (where the spawning behaviour will be done from scratch), but its rather strange that teaming up is rather dangerous than helpful in regard of PvE.

They can raise the overall Zombie-count, but this mechanic is odd and discourages especially friendly survivors like me from teaming up.

Well, with more people, you do have more ammo, usually. Or just have all melee weapons and make sure you have a good connection to the server.

Well teaming up is always more fun, that should be a good enough reason to do it anyway.

But I find that small groups are the best, groups of 2 to 4. Any more than 4 is a handful. Make sure you all try and get different weapons then you can use all ammo types. I think we tried to get one designated zombie killer and the rest of us were loaded out with more PvP gear (M14 AIM, M24) etc. The zombie killer had an AK-74. But infection is a real problem for groups, one of us gets infected, we find antibiotics and treat him. 10 minutes later another of us is infected. Groups do make PvP easier, and IMO that is still the most dangerous factor in the game. It means one of us can loot a supermarket while another watches over with a sniper rifle.

IMO, Still worth grouping up.

Come try play on Psychonauts.nl server, last i played there i got 1 antibiotics from every viral zed i killed.

That is a realy nice gesture of help.

We, as a group of 4 people found 1 Antibiotic since the update :D I guess we are just freakin unlucky. Problem with the increased zed-count in a group is really, that you cant avoid drawing aggro due to your increased group size and the higher density of zeds...wasnt that bad before, but now you are screaming for that ugly one-hit-infection.

We, as a group of 4 people found 1 Antibiotic since the update :D I guess we are just freakin unlucky. Problem with the increased zed-count in a group is really, that you cant avoid drawing aggro due to your increased group size and the higher density of zeds...wasnt that bad before, but now you are screaming for that ugly one-hit-infection.

there is 2 tactics either you spread out in cities/villages or some one takes all aggro on him while others looting then just split the loot

My sugestion: aim for zed legs with a 5.5mm gun -M16, Ak 74 etc.

You will not kill zeds, only kriple them and make them slow. So you can loot in peace.

New ones will not spawn as long as those remain alive.

My sugestion: aim for zed legs with a 5.5mm gun -M16, Ak 74 etc.

You will not kill zeds, only kriple them and make them slow. So you can loot in peace.

New ones will not spawn as long as those remain alive.

I use this tactic when being chased though the woods, it takes a couple more rounds on a viral zombie but if you've been running and aim a burst if automatic fire at the legs there's a good chance to slow them to a crawl ( literally!)

It beats aiming for the head when they are running all over the place and your aim is wobbling from being out of breath and its also easier than unloading into the torso as the virals seem to just absorb body shots

Aim low, spray, pray and keep running