fiyerfli

Uninstall Dayz

Me and a friend of mine have been playing dayz for a while now, and wanted to play the wasteland mod for a while. But when we go to Arma 2 OA's server list, no servers appear. I know the mod is server side, but do we have to remove the dayz mod folders (@dayz) and the other dayz mod folders to play wasteland? If so, do we just move the mod folders to another location, and put them back when we want to play dayz again?

Note:We would not permanently quit Dayz, we would never do that, we just wanted to try something new. Thanks!

No. Go to the main menu and click 'Expansions' then click on the @DayZ ones and disable them

• Like 1

No. Go to the main menu and click 'Expansions' then click on the @DayZ ones and disable them

What he said that works

This is not that important, but if I re-enable the expansion, will my characters on the dayz server save?

^^Yup, what he said. In your main menu>expansions you can enable and disable any mods you want without having to mess around with files.

This is not that important, but if I re-enable the expansion, will my characters on the dayz server save?

Your character is stored on the hive so even if you completely remove dayZ and then add it later your character will be safe.

Your character is stored on the hive so even if you completely remove dayZ and then add it later your character will be safe.

Cool, thanks for the help.

Just download ArmA 2 Launcher. It makes it easier to launch ArmA however you want.

Plus it's easy to launch ArmA with other mods such as ACE, and JSRS.