Sign in to follow this  
chibigoat

The Agro Radius Is Too Damn High

Yep, been agroing zombies 50 meters in front of me past a wall and a big house while prone on the damn ground.

It is literally impossible to sneak through any town, it encourages to just sprint through towns and then re-log to get zombies off you.

I saw that something was changed to make the zombies agro from farther away but this is really ridiculous. I should have nearly no bars on my hearing/sight thing when I'm crouch walking, instead I have 3-4.

I used to be able to sneak past zombies really well while crouch walking, now that's basically the same as running. Also, sprinting through a town is basically the same as shooting an enfield.

Prone should have 0 noise/sight. I should be 100% safe while prone unless a zombie is standing on my head... Not agroing from 50+ meters away through walls and buildings.

I think so too. I played DayZ like 2 weeks ago or something and today started again. The zombies are nearly unavoidable and basically it encourages you to just run and have like 2 or 3 zombies on you all the time. Sneaking around ain't no more possible :(

yea ive tried to post a proper bug report and vids but it never makes it up even when i follow all the guide lines of the post... got some really great examples of how broke it is and tested it for hours in towns, but mo cant put the report on here :S

Agreed it's better but still not right in 1.7.1.5

Is it possible to put a modifier if the zed or player is inside a building? That may decrease aggroing through walls.

Also having this problem.

Plus it seems every time I spot a zombie they start to head in my direction even when I'm prone. They don't come after me necessarily, but they start to walk/crawl in my direction. Then they tend to catch me once they're within 10 meters or less. Even prone in tall grass.

Also having this problem.

Plus it seems every time I spot a zombie they start to head in my direction even when I'm prone. They don't come after me necessarily' date=' but they start to walk/crawl in my direction. Then they tend to catch me once they're within 10 meters or less. Even prone in tall grass.

[/quote']

Ye this is a feature of the mod they are programmed to meander in your general direction. not straight at you but head around you abit to make it abit harder to avoid them. has been like that before but now with the new aggro mechanics its seems hard to not get spotted.

It is actually ok in bigger cities it seems, smaller ones are a huge PITA and pointless raiding them as spawn rates are shot too at the mo, youll probably find a hatchet maybe lol

Even when I lay prone in a corner in a store where there is no way any zombie can hear or see me they still get agrod, pretty hardcore.